Friday 20 July 2012

What is mature wine?

This age is going to end with a wedding (Isaiah 25:6; Revelation 19:1-11)

The question that I have on my heart right now, is "what is mature wine?"

It is love that gives all because Christ has given us His all. It is love that in thought, word, and deed is given out of an attitude "Take the world, but give me Jesus" if we loose our belongings, houses, forbid, even families, the trade is worth it.


I'm currently trying to make sense of all of this. I have recently come to understand better God's ways concerning me.

What a funny place to find myself in, where I am able to clearly look out over the expanse of God. One way of saying it is, "I know the eternal purpose of God"

It's from this place that everything else is rubbish.

Suppose I entertained what might be said against an ultimate reality like this. Then I would probably try to be doing something right now. But the fact is, I can do nothing.

I am the clay, you are the Potter. He broke me, and I am restored. But He doesn't just see me as a vessel that He will put on his shelf.

My Creator, created me to be the vessel of His glory, which He made to show the many-faceted wisdom of Himself.

He created me to marry Him, this was in His heart before creation. My praise is all that He is after, because He loves me.

My heart was made for Him, He protects me from everything, and He is my ultimate reality - that I cannot escape from. Even Jesus, when He was suffering, learned obedience by the things that He suffered. I am like someone that delights in the pain and travail, thinking of the JOY that follows.

O, You have made everything utterly about Yourself!

One Thing Have I Desired,
That Will I Seek
That I may Dwell all my days
in the courts of the Lord
that I may behold the beauty of the Lord
and inquire In His Temple

Open My eyes to See the Way you Do, Behind the Veil

No comments:

Post a Comment