Thursday 19 July 2012

A poem about suffering in the heart

Hello,

I was motivated after reading a friends blog, by a poem that He published, and remembered that I wrote one last night, which made me think afterwards "I wonder if this will be something of a timespot when I share it on Sunday" - Meaning to share it at church on sunday.

I'm really thinking about how my heart is broken, and God is allowing it to happen. That makes my heart throw myself into angry protest towards Him, about the thoughts of others, the pain of others, and the reluctance, and the joy of being able to give myself wholly to Him.

Is this what hearts are about?
being totally shattered?
Unable to pick up the pieces,
like tombs in a graveyard?

Are we made for death and misery and rejection?
unable to love?
is this what you are showing me,
When I look above?

For I have given my heart to you
and my heart will be renewed
and all that is broken and lost
I have found hope that you are my all

I will love in the strength that you have given me
because we are all hurting one way or another
I step on a trap, my legs grow faint
When I turn to the left my acquaintance is chained

The godless have no hope that they will rise
I reminisce my thoughts collide,
You will make all things good
For you are good

What will be said of me when I come out of the fire
refined?
Out of the darkness
in light?

I own up to the fact I could be wrong
but there is more to me than this song
You don't remember
All my tears are in a bottle

You have hidden my sins behind your back
They are no more
I will rise in strength
God will clothe me in grace
the humble have a voice
and God is working to save us

What is this place that I look with JOY upon tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment