Thursday 5 July 2012

Strengthening your inner man

How do you do this?

When reading Matthew 22 yesterday I happened upon a question to stimulate what is being spoken. It's like Jesus is saying "I want you to love me with everything, by first seeing the way that I love you, the way that I see you, the way that I feel about you" This is a working definition by which I hope to build upon.

While praying today and yesterday I have had the honor of seeing the way God sees others, from His perspective. Alot of what happens during the down times is "but what if?" or my own lack of confidence in the truth that God has spoken. One thing that He has shared with me is that all that comes out of me is actually motivated, and sourced, by the heart.

Think about this: When you prophesy, you prophesy according to your gifting. When you dream, you dream according to your understanding. When you love God, it is according to His rules and freedoms. He's not just asking you to change your thinking, he's asking you to change yourselves.

My ability is the outflow of what He's already gifted me with. Lets go back to the original statement, Strengthen my inner man. He promises, that we will have life in Him, rooted and grounded in His love, having faith in Christ.

That is something to latch onto, hear that word, "promise" If he does not, you can bank on nothing working. Utmost dependability comes out of this bedrock assumption, that we bank on God's promises to be true. And if I speak with authority then what comes out of me can be trusted.

What is our great God doing in our day? What are we to look out for? He himself is raising a generation that will go for Him because He will prove himself

No comments:

Post a Comment