Friday 6 July 2012

God is the Greatest!

I feel I can empathize with the Israelites under Egyptian tyranny.

When it is not a few hours, but days, in and out, deadening your body.

Did you know that it was 500 years that they were in Egypt? What is more, they had one word, spoken to their father, that they would be delivered. This is their hope.

He spoke to them then, by Moses, telling them
Exd 2:24 NKJV - So God heard their groaning, and God remembered His covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.
Exd 2:25 NKJV - And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God acknowledged [them].
Exd 3:7 KJV - And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which [are] in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;
Exd 3:8 KJV - And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.
Exd 3:9 KJV - Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.
I think I know what matters most in the time of trial. It is simply this: knowing that God believes in you, and that He is with you in the labor.

It actually made the whole thing, make me want to keep on at what I was doing.

Why is this? the comfort of His presence. I have been sighing with relief all day, which I have taken to be recognition of receiving what He has done for me.

It gives me perseverance, to know that God believes that I can do it, and that He is actually with me in the labor.

The reward of doing something that I do not enjoy doing! God has healed me of a bad work ethic today.

I felt like going into the lunch hall and encouraging those who were working with my testimony.

In fact, it's answered the whole thing of being a spiritual elite fasting. When they have it the wrong way round! You do not fast because you're some elite, you fast because there is a better reward in God for you.

All of the ones who have done the fasting thing, have been the ones that have a dead weight which they can only be comforted in Jesus. He commands us to die daily.

This love that he has given us, it is better than the greatest things in life, I find myself agreeing with Paul, that I am compelled to share this good news. Even when I am sorely treated, or weak.

There is coming a day when the natural order will be restored, and we will love Him without reservation, we will be filled with His power on the inside, until that day comes, we live the right way on the earth, by being addicted to His love and dying so that we might live. I have found the motivation to carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment