Sunday 8 July 2012

It is all about Him!

This morning I was faced with a perplexing dilemma, asking God, in regard to the feelings arising in my heart, why am I feeling this way?

I was feeling like I had no strength in me to do anything, much less give anyone else a testimony of God's deliverance for me out of my fears, and my own nature, and my enemy who tries to sow doubt, and division. Does this sound like your situation?

I want to give you some hope in your own situation, based on where I find myself now. God is not taking us on a rollercoaster ride, or on a roundabout, that none of us can escape from. It's not his intention to teach us lessons, through lifes struggles, it is to mature us.

That is a sigh of relief for me! You mean, I do not need to brace myself for the answer? I do not need to gird my mind with questions, before He's even answered? It's not some philosophy which makes me feel good, it does not give me a buzz at the start of the day (though this can happen, and often does!)

It's simply this, in times of trouble, where you are at your wits end, and your prayers go unanswered, when you are confident in praise, but in your heart saying "why, O God?" that's my God for me! His sense of my trouble is... brace yourselves... my absolute peace. You ask why that is? It's because our own thoughts get in the way, they hinder us, But God's thoughts toward us are perfect thoughts.

I am not in a drama class, learning how to play my part, my answers or my questions do not arise from learning the latest philosophy. What brings God the most pleasure, and the most glory, is when we are at our weakest.

Who can teach like this? who can make our hearts receive freedom, rather than restlessness. Lord, if you are bringing much precious gold, out of my worthless dross, if you are convinced my love for you is real, and that you would have it at any cost, be my peace, be my rest. He deserves our love, and our praise, and our feelings of uneasiness, he deserves the morning dew that falls down. It is better to be whole-hearted and abandoned than to live in isolation to His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment