Saturday 14 July 2012

God repays!

I was like, should I be writing this right now? Then I looked in my inbox and there was an email from Fujifilm, saying "WE REPAY!" in fact it has the title "FUJIFILM LOVES YOU BACK!"

I think God is speaking to me through this title.

Would you know that there is a connection between Zeal, Works, and Truth.

Here are a few scriptures:

Numbers 25:11 "Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, has turned back My wrath from the children of Israel, because he was zealous with My zeal among them, so that I did not consume the children of Israel in My zeal"

John 2:17 "Then His disciples remembered that it was written, "Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up."

Even as I write this, I remember, that another word for Zeal, is Jealousy. These words are practically interchangeable when it comes to God.

Zeal is (according to google)

Definition: Great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or an objective: "his zeal for privatization"
Synonyms: ardour - ardor - fervor - fervour - enthusiasm

So if someone is zealous for God's truth, rather than being misguided, they will be guided by the principles that have been laid down. In other places in scripture, God simply says "My zeal will do this!"

Now, jealousy is
definition: The state or feeling of being jealous.
Synonyms: envy - heartburning - jaundice

Why does God's jealousy get referred to as zeal? that is what I aim to show.

It is because God rewards. How is this?

When I look at the examples of God's zeal in the bible, I understand quite quickly, how can I be compared to the Almighty in Zeal. Even David, inspired writes:
My zeal has consumed me, Because my enemies have forgotten Your words.
What this really means is "my zeal has killed me" because people have unjustly provoked God.
Maybe that's the point. Maybe what he's saying, is "How can I be compared with the Almighty?"

In the first verses that I quoted, it is a section in which Phinehas grabs a spear and puts an end to (literally) the objectives of opposing nations and to the plague that was unleashed from God's presence.

God is quoted as saying "I will give you an eternal priesthood because of your Zeal, which was my Zeal, you were zealous" Pondering this verse I realized, one of God's names is "Jealous Jealousy"
There are two points to glean from this. God says "You are righteous in your works, and I am going to repay you by giving you a priesthood that will not fail" the other thing is it says "Eternal" - He gives to us eternal life.

I feel somehow humbled at this, because of the mightyness and zeal of my King. Maybe what He is saying is literal, that we are to be wrapped up in God the Father, because His zeal is terrifying, and His jealousy, all-penetrating. It is because of Idols and Immorality (Numbers 25) and Merchandise (John 2) that these things simply "broke out" I remember somewhere, that it says God will not be provoked by Idols.

And that His zeal is very much safety. Let us be totally consumed and afraid of God. He comes to judge, He comes to repay, and He comes to give life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment