Sunday 15 July 2012

The Beauties of Rest

I wanted to do a post on the ruining power of God, but today has been a day of remembering.

I do not know if this happens to be the seventh day, the day of rest, but I also remember that later it is called "Today"

What I am wanting to communicate more than anything else, in teaching and being taught, is REST. in the 63rd chapter of Isaiah is a verse that I will come back to
14 As a beast goes down into the valley,
[And] the Spirit of the LORD causes him to rest,
So You lead Your people,
To make Yourself a glorious name. 
LISTEN TO ME, he says after His action of removing iniquity of His people (a wonderful and amazing work in it's own right)

This is in the chapter 48 of Isaiah:
"For My name's sake I will defer My anger, And [for] My praise I will restrain it from you, So that I do not cut you off. Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. For My own sake, for My own sake, I will do [it]; For how should [My name] be profaned? And I will not give My glory to another. Listen to Me, O Jacob, And Israel, My called: I [am] He, I [am] the First, I [am] also the Last." (Isaiah 48:9-12 NKJV)
Listen to others, to hear what God is saying. This came from my heart after realizing I sub-consciously would not rely on others, but which God has restored. This really is a heart thing. I want to share this with people because I trust them to love them and allow them into my heart.




This kind of REST, is wholeness, it is more than just a freedom of thought, or even of your body, but it is God's commanding REST that exists in the heart. His desire is that we would have REST.

This REST is himself. In Psalm 27:1-4 we find that our desires war against our own sincerity to be totally His.

[A Psalm] of David.
The LORD [is] my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The LORD [is] the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me
To eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell.
Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I [will be] confident.
One [thing] I have desired of the LORD,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD,
And to inquire in His temple.

He Himself liberates us from our desire and we find peace.

Without God choosing us first, we run amock. It is God himself electing us for His own love that means restraints are left to the wayside, and we have what we ask for.

When He spoke to His disciples about this very thing we are talking about, Jesus finished with saying
 "You did not choose Me,
but I chose you and appointed you
that you should go and bear fruit,
and [that] your fruit should remain,
that whatever you ask the Father
in My name He may give you."(John 15:16)
While at church today, I found out the overpowering God finalizing REST that is better than strength. It happens to all be linked in the heart. I cannot do what I do without others. You see, I had this I will say, tendency to get angry and not to rely on others. I came to my friend Steve with all guns blazing, by the end of the conversation, I decided to change tack, and simply listen to what God had been speaking over me. LISTEN, show compassion, and mercy.

I needed to talk to my pastor, because God has been leading my friend and I to travel. The outcome of this conversation was total REST. no more striving on my part, in fact, all the things that were in a muddle became clear, and I knew what I must do. What I want to do.

God will, of course, make all the things happen. he will do everything. And he is everything.

I will reiterate it a THIRD time. LISTEN! This is love, and this is trust.
I will finish with these verses from Ephesians, where we exhort you to love one another by asking God, "how do you see this person? how do you feel about this person?"

For this reason I bow my knees
to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
that He would grant you,
according to the riches of His glory,
to be strengthened with might
through His Spirit in the inner man,
that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith;
that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
may be able to comprehend with all the saints
what [is] the width and length and depth and height--
to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge;
that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment