Monday 16 July 2012

Quietness of Rest

Continuing on the theme of rest.

When I came out of the lunch hall, I had a brain wave related to the way I treat others. Anxiety is not my portion, if I do not have something to say to someone, it's okay.

I have to ask the question, "what kind of anxiety it must have been for David"

Let us go to him and glean from His life.

It says, these famous verses in Chapter 16 of 1 Samuel

So it was, when they came, that he looked at Eliab and said, "Surely the LORD's anointed [is] before Him!" But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For [the LORD does] not [see] as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
So Jesse called Abinadab,
and made him pass before Samuel.
And he said, "Neither has the LORD chosen this one."
Then Jesse made Shammah pass by.
And he said, "Neither has the LORD chosen this one."
Thus Jesse made seven of his sons pass before Samuel.
And Samuel said to Jesse, "The LORD has not chosen these."
And Samuel said to Jesse, "Are all the young men here?"
Then he said, "There remains yet the youngest, and there he is, keeping the sheep."
And Samuel said to Jesse, "Send and bring him. For we will not sit down till he comes here."
So he sent and brought him in.
Now he [was] ruddy, with bright eyes, and good-looking.
And the LORD said, "Arise, anoint him; for this [is] the one!"
Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel arose and went to Ramah.

You are the one that I want, Ye, you are the one!

I have been travelling with the Lord, in being taught, and listening to others, because it is a matter of my heart, that my way is made of peace. Listen!

There is a verse in Isaiah that the Lord quickened to me today
"For you shall go out with joy,
And be led out with peace;
The mountains and the hills
Shall break forth into singing before you,
And all the trees of the field shall clap [their] hands.
Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress tree,
And instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree;
And it shall be to the LORD for a name,
For an everlasting sign [that] shall not be cut off."
It relates to the captivity of Zion returning, but it also means that there is triumph had in walking in the straight paths of the Lord.

I was observing something quite amazing today, I remembered that in the time that I have now been at Oxford, 4 families/individuals, have had to move on, and YWAM has taken care of them. Here in I saw a pattern of God's heart, that he cares for us.

And that I am on a pilgrimage, a pilgrimage of His heart. In other words, "I am totally abandoned and let loose in the freedom of your love. You complete me!"

In fact, the point of the arrow in this is, God provides. And He rewards us! My prediction is that in the next few days He will provide to get my friend and I to Israel. Because there it is that I marry Him.

My enemy would try to rob me of my JOY, but we have WON. He anoints my heart into worship


He is the Father, where my parents have not been able to take care of me, He restores my heart's praise and worship.

I can be so confident, for in the multitude of councillors there is safety. I can even praise God when things are not going the way that I imagined, because He is my rock and my safety! Surely He will never let my foot slip. I will not be moved

I challenge you to live without any assurance in the circumstances that you are facing, and I dare you to have half the excitement that I have in my heart. This is evidence of God. We walk by faith - my prayer is Hebrews 11:1 would be your testimony in life

This is where the desire to become fully whole-hearted arises from!

No comments:

Post a Comment