Monday 23 July 2012

Giving up my rights

Today, has been a miracle of God proportions.

While sharing with my friends at church, one thing that came up, how would Steve and I get visas for America? To understand, I had been thinking about this question on Friday, before I met with Steve, and in passing He shared how he had said to God "Why don't you call people as you did - when they left their livelihood, family and life to follow Him" Perhaps there was something in this?

But I couldn't just impose that on him - both of us needed to be in agreement. That was when an idea came to mind. I could propose "that Steve would receive a sign, and that I will not be going to Jerusalem unless He receives one" Oh man! that solves all of our problems!

Let us take a moment to show how this all fits together.

I cannot assume that Steve is going to receive a sign, in Isaiah 7 we find the story of God, giving a sign to the King, so that He might have reason to believe. This then fits for him, because it is to be agreed, I am not in control of this

I win, because my freedom is not based on what others will say, but only that I have Him.

God wins, because in making this all about Him, He will get the glory for it all. As long as it happens at the appointed time, I am asking God "what are you saying?" I have heard from Him. This is my JOY.

Whether I am going or not (I cannot make this happen) the outcome is, I gain Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment