Monday 25 June 2012

YWAM Update: A Man After God's Own Heart

Hello there!

I feel like I need to begin with a simple story over dinner tonight. The snowboarder school just arrived on base here at Oxford, and I had the opportunity to sit down next to Sarah tonight who comes from Canada. I am currently holding onto a promise in the Bible: "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, of love and of a sound mind"

I asked if she had support back home to be here, and she let me know that she indeed did! That was how she got here. My support situation is a bit different, I was able to let her know that I try to keep updates consistent so that you know what is happening. A few things have happened recently, that I have tried my best to let you know about, so that you can pray for me (but more importantly, just because I want to let you know!)

My support is made up of people. I don't have the problem that others do of having to go back to their own country to let people know what is going on, and what my needs are. The point I'm making and what I want you to know is this: God performed a miracle for me to get me back to Oxford, it is you! I am just on the receiving end of God's abundant blessings, that happens to allow me to be back in Oxford perfect timing for this school to start.

Another thing I was thinking about was, "how do I put into words what is happening to me?" - how do I inspire others, with what has happened for me? I thank God that you love me and I do not need to buy or sell to get to convince you. My defence is the truth! honest! The only reason I want you into my life is because I want you to know!

With God by my side, I have been able to take my time to answer the more important questions in life, like "what was it that really happened to me in Israel?" It has taken me a year to answer that. Another one is, "where are my plans taking me?" Or as James puts it "If it is the Lords will, we will do this or that?" God is leading me to goto Queenstown. But he's shown me that Oxford is home to me, and that I want to prepare as best I know how, by letting my heart rest, and learn how to teach.

While at church yesterday, I stepped out of my comfort zone, to testify of how God had opened the door to come back to Oxford, immediately afterwards I was thinking "oh I'm learning!" I need others desperately! this is because I was stepping out to speak in the Spirit. So exciting! yet so assuring too. What helps me in these times is to quiet down, listen for His voice, and recenter on Himself.

So a few weeks ago, when my friend Lara came round, I realized that I had been holding onto my own strength to handle my life. It came out like gushing waters, the result of which, I yielded to God. Since then, he's opened the doors to be back at Oxford.

I guess a question that arises in my heart is this "why would I be this open and honest with anyone?" to which maybe I don't need to say anything. But in the Spirit of God I have to say "I am not going to loose, no one is going to keep me from getting the truth out"

Funny how God can mould our circumstances to meet His ends - for which I hope you understand - they are all Him. I have lost everything because I have dared to live only for God's glory, and I am free! Dare to be outrageously different from what is "wise" It says in the word "you ought to become fools that you may become wise" - and this is what I leave with you.

I trust that I have not cast pearls before swine, because I know that the precious things of my heart are held in God, and they cannot be taken away from that place. I am daring to live as a man after God's own heart - and He says things to me that He will not share with anyone else

No comments:

Post a Comment