Tuesday 26 June 2012

Light me, O Light of the World!

Being the disciple of Christ, He must be put first.

While in the prayer room today, I realized that the things I can pray for help me to think upon Him more.

Were not some of His last words recorded, "Are you able to drink from the cup that I drink? Are you able to be baptized with my baptism?"

My heart chooses to believe that when pressures comes, like now, what really matters is my love for God is real. So that said, I am going to meditate on His words

He met with His disciples, to celebrate the passover meal.

When He had taken the middle piece of unleavened bread, he broke it and said "This is my body, given for you, do this in remembrance of me"

When He had taken the Cup of Salvation, he said "This cup is my blood for the new covenant, shed for the remission of sins, do this in remembrance of me"

Now every time that we drink the cup, and eat the bread, we proclaim His death until He comes.

I pray just that as you consider the Lord's supper, that you too would be filled up with joy inexpressible, and that you too would rise up from whatever fears are now presently present. There is power in the blood of Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment