Saturday 23 June 2012

What idolatry? What Idols?

I am asking myself the question, in regard to my behavior of wanting to go play video games.

I know that according to the scripture, it is a matter of wisdom. (1 Cor 10:14,15)

I just ruined my own argument when I read the rest of the context. However, let us take one step at a time!

I suppose the reason that I'm doing it is because I want to make a God in my own image, one that I can decorate with gold and silver, ornaments, place gifts under and spend time with friends and family making merry and drinking and eating, partying.

Let me take this time to compose what is happening in my heart.

I want God's name to be remembered, and I am wanting His praise to endure to the ends of the earth. (Psalm 45:17)

Again, funny "coincidence"

I am wanting to call unto God out of a pure conscience (Psalm 24:4) and declare His salvation to the ends of the earth.  (Isaiah 45:22)

I am wanting to be convinced, Jesus Christ is better than the temptation that I'm experiencing

I am wanting to say to the Devil, I resist you, your cheap imitations and resist my own urge in my heart. That I will not worship Him, but I will worship the LORD, and serve Him only.

If these are any of your behaviors, then rid yourself of them! God himself is the only way to stand up under trial! I am wanting to be true! They choose their own gods, they say "deliver me! for you are my God!" But they are made out of wood and silver. This attitude is ridiculous! to be true is to say, "God you are my salvation!"

And to cringe at them when they blaspheme and call upon their God as a swear word. Who use the word Jesus Christ as blasphemy.

Truly, I don't want to be a part of that! and neither does the psalmist!

He says

A Psalm of David.
The earth [is] the LORD's, and all its fullness,

The world and those who dwell therein.

For He has founded it upon the seas,

And established it upon the waters.

Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD?

 Or who may stand in His holy place?

He who has clean hands and a pure heart,

Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol,
Nor sworn deceitfully.

He shall receive blessing from the LORD,
And righteousness from the God of his salvation.

This [is] Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him,
 Who seek Your face. Selah

Lift up your heads, O you gates!
  And be lifted up, you everlasting doors!

 And the King of glory shall come in.

Who [is] this King of glory?
The LORD strong and mighty,
The LORD mighty in battle.

Lift up your heads, O you gates!
 Lift up, you everlasting doors!

And the King of glory shall come in.

Who is this King of glory?
The LORD of hosts, He [is] the King of glory. Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment