Sunday 24 June 2012

The Murdering of Saints and Prophets (Rev 16:4-7)

I want to begin with a story that God has given me today, while at church.

I am celebrating God's glory in providing so I could come back to YWAM Oxford - it was instrumental in bringing corporate edification at Church today. My being a witness to what God has done in me, knowing that it is real brings edification to others. I believe this is what it means in 1 Cor 14, when it says "prophecy is for encouragement, correction, and exhortation"

What fabulous "Fellowship with the brethren" we had!

When the man was ambushed by thieves on the way to Jericho, he fell ill to many people that would not even cross the road to help him. Then he was helped by a Samaritan who walked the same road.

Our pastor was speaking about this a few weeks ago, I was reminded of it in the morning, when I was anxious for my situation (you can put anything in here) that if you extend a hand to him who needs help, you are loving your neighbour. Well, more accurately, you're demonstrating the kind of life that God has given us by His Spirit.

At the time, I was very encouraged, because that is the way that I am living! Is God looking down on us and saying "You should have done that?" No.

His Spirit dwells in us, being those that have believed in His Son for the forgiveness of our sins. Jesus had to call Him "the Good Samaritan" to get the point across. This divides cultural boundaries, every stigma attached to the way you have been brought up, whether you were rich or poor, free or slave, it is the royal law.

It is funny that the question was "how do I love my neighbour?" because it is then making a precedent for how God looks at us.

I am not going to try convince you of anything, all I'm going to do is give you the evidence. God will do everything, over and above all that we ask, think or imagine, because He is Almighty.

I think we do not think enough of the True, Righteous Judgments of God. All His judgments are motivated out of His love. The phrase true and right, is only this, that God looks and says, these are right. The same "these are right" that come from His love for all His perfect commandments, and which motivate us.

Instead of convincing you, I will ask God for the pouring out of His Spirit. Then when the judgment of Revelation 16:4-7 comes, we will be agreeing with God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment