Sunday 10 June 2012

The shepherd's crook

Just the other week, God was using his shepherd crook on me, it was because I was being led astray, and needed rescuing. It was because I took things people said into my heart - I did not know how to simply accept what people said, but not accept things into my heart. The funny thing is this, that I had been saying "why does God have to use shepherd crooks on us?" - as if the sheep would enjoy that happening, but its because he wants us to share in His glory. That means, let Him lead you. My most important change came from a revelation that if I was not a Son to my parents, I could not be a Son to my Father.

Do sheep complain about the shepherds leading? do they complain about the way He treats them? (like clay to the potter?) Do they feel harrassed, lacking any good thing? My shepherd is the glorious Father. He will not forget us, because we are made for His glory.

We have been asking the wrong questions.

I can tell when I hear His voice, because he speaks to me personally, He calls me by name, he whispers sweet nothings to me, and promotes me in His own time. All I ought to be thinking about right now, is "you are here and you love me!" that word ought, I cannot even call it a responsibility I place on people. Without Him, "my soul breaks with longing!" I truly love Him with all my heart.

In closing, I have to say, that I am deeply humbled by the love and affection that are mine because of my family at YWAM Oxford. May I always have the shepherd's crook used on me when He wants to promote me into JOY! I cannot say that I have ever needed rescuing so badly! I do not want to be like the person who exiles anyone that disagrees with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment