Sunday 10 June 2012

A Proposal of a challenge

Hello, I am going to propose a challenge to You.

Now, last year before I came to Israel, God was proposing a challenge of me, "How much do you want to get of me" He was putting this to me, as I was contemplating the journey to come to Israel. "How much do you want to get of me?" This is an offer that I did not refuse, after all, whatever I get of God, I cannot loose, So the more that I gamble the more that I will get from Him.

This year he has a new challenge to me. I had to present the first one in light of this one, because it gives clarity as to what the principals, and the actual dealings he is wanting from me, for this next one.

"I want you to not sin for a year"

Now that I had been reminded of what he did last year, I knew what he was asking. He was asking, are you considering me better than all that you have on the earth - are you going to live holy?

Are you going to trumpet the call to this generation, "live without sin" not as a secondary thing, but as a primary thing? Let me get this straight to you, I am also very precarious about this challenge he has presented me, the fear of the Lord is on me. But that's the promise that He gives us in his word. According to your word, let it be like rivers of living water coming out of my inner being! Sometimes I have to ask, "Why did you call me to this?" why me?

Why not someone else? But then, it must be said. We are broken not to make it impossible for us, but to work it out through us, and we are driven by God not because He seeks an end of us, but so that we would seek Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment