Friday 8 June 2012

Overcoming SIN, how...?

I stand at a crossroads. May this be an encouragement to anyone that happens upon this page. I don't think that when God said "I want you to be holy, because I am holy" he was saying "unless you are perfect you cannot enjoy my presence" (though that has been intimated)

My own imperfections are brought out in His perfect light. Rather I believe that He has and always will be the joy of His people because He made that decision. He would be everything that we need Him to be (Exodus 3:14)

One of these perfections or excellencies comes in mercy. "Lord, my soul breaks with longing for your commandments at all times" What this means is that, the Psalmist is saying to God, I have longed for your commandments (your judgments) to the point that my soul breaks. These longings are upon me at all times.

I would like to share with you some insights that I have had in regard to his love

It is God's provision. We cannot get out of the flood of His mercy. It is because God is the one that is the initiator, as the ones that He loves, the revelation that we receive from His Spirit is perfect.

The quality of His love. Do I recoil when I have sinned? or do I hear his voice saying. "David after Nob" The more that I receive of His mercy - being that thing which is really himself, reminds me of how I have indeed changed. I love it when he shows me how far I've come - that His love is deepening in my heart.

It is faith in Christ. This runs against the grain of every tradition and doctrine that we have built up - ironically it is dead religion and compromise. How can we put ourselves in the place of God and say "I have the choice to decide if I am saved or not?" The beauty of my relationship with Him is that he activates all the things that need to happen, my God. I don't even want to, like the sheep he leads me beside still waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment