Friday 8 June 2012

He Provides

What do you see when you look at the Bible? I see a story of providence. It's like God is communicating to us, "I will make it possible for you to enter into relationship with me"
While thinking about how God said to Abram "I will come back this time next year and you will have a Son" and of the response. "Abram believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness" the word for righteousness here means, "has favor with God" I had to ask, "what was fulfilled in Abraham's obedience?"

It was because God was saying, "I myself make provision for you to have relationship with me" Wow! you mean it has nothing to do with what I've done? Even 500 years later, when the Israelites were in bondage, God heard their cries, provided them a Savior, Moses, who would lead them out to Mt. Sinai. Even at Mount Sinai, it says in Jeremiah 31:32
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
His provision for them as a Husband was giving them the LAW. Never did the law contradict FAITH, which said, "I will give you a Seed" - this giving is His provision. He provides at Calvary, raising up for the house of Jacob a Savior. We enter in by faith, having a relationship with Him.

 But those who establish their own good deeds to enter into relationship with Him, do not fulfill the law. It was like when Jesus said to the Pharisees "You read the scriptures because by them you believe you possess eternal life, but you are unwilling to come to me that you may have life" All the LAW is a curse, if you try to obey all the law, yet stumble in one part of it, makes you a law breaker and are charged as one. This is why we must enter into the provision of God, who makes the way possible. You see, God wants us to enter in he is not standing at the door saying, "you are too short, you are too tall, you are not smart enough..." He's set the perfect standard in the law so that those who enter in by faith are Sons.

What can I say to this? always enter into the provision of God for you TODAY, because he is your portion, he is your rest. Why should we be content with what we received yesterday?

No comments:

Post a Comment