Thursday 7 June 2012

Overcoming sin, just the beginning (2)

Oh, how I love your law!
it is my meditation all the day
You, through your commandments,
make me wiser than my enemies
For they are ever with me
I have more understanding than all my teachers,
For Your testimonies are my meditation
I understand more than the ancients,
Because I keep Your precepts
I have restrained my feet from every evil way,
That I may keep Your Word
I have not departed from Your judgments
For You Yourself have taught me
How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Through Your precepts I get understanding;
Therefore I hate every false way (Psalm 119:97-104 NJKV)

I was in a predicament, it was a grace given to me. How am I safe, when I have a heart that is an organ that does not stop beating! Oh, i felt like I needed some safety somewhere when I realized "o, the secret is to be whole-hearted!" that is because I found out what you need. You need the Father.

This came through a series of heart-wrestling sessions where I was forced to give answers to the things that arise in my heart. What am I looking for? I'm looking for safety. That is the name that He has given to Himself. "The Lord is my refuge, The Lord is my stronghold, the Lord is my fortress of defence"

What does the statement "answers to the things arising in my heart" remind you of? To me, it reminds me of David. Does it strike you strange, that at his choosing, God poured out his Spirit upon this man, to experience knowledge in the ways of God, he didn't just have luck or fortune (1 Samuel 16:22) The root of this issue is what happened at his calling. I believe it to be God pouring out his mercy in the presence of His brothers, which made a colossal change to everything in His life. The reason for this is this, the LAW is a PROVISION of God, so that we would enter into Him through faith.

Read: You will never get ahead of delight of the Law, for what it has revealed of God's nature to you, which is fulfilled in His Son being the Lamb of God, taking away the sin of the world. Paul says "Does the message of the grace of God abolish the law? No, it makes it glorious!" Everyone wants to obey God. Like David, we have times when we do not - and SIN. Here is how it all fits together. We WANT to obey God, God has made provision to OBEY him (not just try to) through His laying hold of us. He laid hold of me at the cross, because he did something for me that I could never do: that is, freedom from sin. This makes me hate sin. Get in touch with your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment