Tuesday 5 June 2012

The missing piece in the puzzle

Here are some things that I've noted about the Father recently:

Where I know that it was God's mercy, through Christ that I was forgiven of sin. I wondered, is that the end of it? The Father shows me that the mercy that was displayed, was to empower me to love Him.

Where the Father corrects me, and I'm struck and unable to say something, The Son is right there to show me that He is chastising me for my benefit, so I can rejoice!

When I am honoring my parents, and taking upon me the responsibility in making my own choices, it is the Father that gently speaks to me "I want you to know before you go, you are my Son and I love you"

Without the honoring of my parents, I have no ability to come to God as a child or as a Son, that is why He gave us parents. (but if this is perplexing for you, read on)

That when I am broken and needy, that is the time when God powerfully speaks His love to me

When I ask "why is it so hard to pray?" He replies, "you need to know that without motivation to come to me, it is just dead religion" to which he adds, "if you are sincere in your heart, then your love you show me motivates you in the hard times to come to me"

The Father does nothing out of compulsion, He is the creator of everything, he needs not to give a reason for the things that He does. If he is unequaled to anything in creation, then me being His Son, and created for His glory, Idols present the biggest problem to Him. In reply to his mockery of Idols in Isaiah 41, I can say "I will do good or do evil, I will show what the Father is like"

The reason I am chosen as a Son, is because my heart's desire is to see His face, his presence, he does not get that from the outside world. To be able to say "your face, your presence is what makes me who I am" that gives Him delight. This desire is in all of us, but God, awaken us to what you have done through your own Son, that we may fully grasp your glory.

I think this agrees with the testimony, "For yet a little while, [And] He who is coming will come and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith; But if [anyone] draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him." But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul. (Hebrews 10:37-39)

Let us be those who press in and see His face.

No comments:

Post a Comment