Sunday 3 June 2012

The love of the law

I had the privilege while I was at home last night, to have a coming of age ceremony for my friend Steve. This was confirmed this morning with the scripture Hebrews 11:24-26
"By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward."
After he left I was talking with God about what had happened. You see, you could have mistook this for a time when I spoke alot and even that I have gained alot from last night (even though it was for Steve) It made me realize "I had been thinking of Steve the whole time"
There in is something that I want to expand upon. It says that "greater love has no man than this than that He has laid down his life for His friend" it also says in another place "if you love your brother, you fulfill all the law, because he who loves His brother will not harm him"
That means, when I am loving another brother, I am doing the greatest thing for Him.

There are somethings I had not connected together, but this is the best, keep your eye on the prize. The law of the LORD is my highest attainment, and gives me the highest JOY. It is in fulfilling the law that I am not only rooted, but also released into full revelation of God's purposes for me. For anyone who speaks like this, it has found it's connection in the heart, and it is in the heart that the LORD is looking at.

And if you are thinking "spiritual riches and the things of the heart are seperate" read what I'm saying, they are inseperable, he looks in my heart, that's exactly what I'm saying! my greatest JOY is Him! my bridegroom!

I have been broken beyond repair, my life has ended in the natural. This happened on the 2nd of June 2012. This is because I am the one that is taking up what he is saying. I am the one that has said "I live not for myself anymore" - I may not fully know, but I am known fully. My friends, give God all your heart! 

I want to finish with this. There was a missionary by the name of Hudson Taylor in which he was speaking to his congregation when away from the mission field. He put this metronome on the stage and set it ticking. At the end of his sermon he recounted the story of one man who had fallen overboard a moving ship. At this Mr. Taylor Shouted to the boat driver "Stop!" but he would not, after a while the boat driver said yes, and went back. By this time the man had drowned. By this time everyone was asking "What is the metronome for?" Then he finished His sermon with this. "Every tick of this metronome another man is drowning in the rivers of China and going to eternal hell!"

A young lady by the name of Amy Carmichael was at this meeting - when she heard this, it cut her heart. She went forward and said "I'm going!"

In her diary later she was recorded as saying. “The night I sailed for China, March 3, 1893, my life, on the human side, was broken, and it never was mended again. But He has been enough.

If we will go, regardless of the things that would crop up in our minds, then we would be part of the greatest missionary movement in History.  (by the way, I am totally free to be who I am because I've given my heart to Him. What freedom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment