Sunday 20 May 2012

Where Am I Going?

Who says that I do not know where I am going? Who governs my every move? my every decision? my every thought? My identity comes from being a little child. Where I am going, is because I want to be totally abandoned to Him. Where does this come from? You have heard the phrase "I want you, more than life" I've learnt that God's being totally loving of me, produces in me the same desire, to be totally devoted to Him. This has in it a resolve or a commitment. To be honest, I am not so convinced I do know where I am going. So when I asked my friend Steve about it,  I decided from some advice given to me, that God maybe wanting me to submit to being at my parents house, while I do not have a clear direction about where I am going. Even speaking about it makes it easier to process through it. But the truth is, I am still struggling with this question, "Do I know where I am going?" because it's not like I am lacking direction, though the questions that people ask seem to go unanswered, I have never been more full of purpose. You see, the questions people ask are, "How is the plan for journeying with Steve going?" or "Would you consider finding work?" or such questions like that. But it does nothing to answer any important questions. I am in the same position as many others, not because we do not know where we are going, but because we do, and we want to give everything to Him. Does this not make the trials easier? Do I not remember that living hope that I have been born again into? I think the phrase in Psalm 45:1 one to really hold onto. "My heart is overflowing with a good theme, I recite my composition to the King" You will never be closer to fulfilling your purpose in life than gazing on the slain body of the Christ, the Son of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment