Monday 7 May 2012

What Kind of Revival Is It?

When you sleep at night, are you thinking of the things that you have done for God? are you thinking of your heart? In the Psalms it says "Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still"
We can be leading others to Christ, running a succesful ministry, speaking arrangments booking up your planner for a year, and yet be dead on the inside. The thing that I have learned, is that when God asks me to obey His voice, and I respond in faith, he provides the way to get there. When I was at YWAM last year, I made a statement that I would be going to "Before Thy Face" - a conference up in Tauranga. What others don't know is, that God had been speaking to me very powerfully concerning His people through the life of David and the reason I was going up to Tauranga, was related to the journey that I was going on - literally, but also with God. I was taking steps of obedience - this was a milestone to me in terms of having the faith to go to Israel. It was a stepping stone. Though I had never hitch-hiked, the point of it all was "If God was asking me to be there, then I will be there"
Or obedience. The embers are being blown, and I want to make sure that the revival that is coming is the one that is taking place in my heart.
God's plan for me through this whole journey was also to see what was in my heart in regard to finances. One of the things that happened that I did not agree with was this - I thought that I would be able to get a discounted fare for the ferry. As for finances, I remember very clearly saying "I will need mercy for this travel - I know I will" I had built this journey on a few verses from Psalm 69 - drawing from the Life of David - that I was a Wanderer for the sake of God, identifying with his people. After coming back from the trip, I remembered thinking "God I need to know that you are in all of this - that I am following You" shortly after this I looked inside my wallet and found an extra $20. It was God's way of saying "I am reimbursing you" - showing you grace.

I still believe whole-heartedly that God will test you in the realm of finances to see what is in your heart. If you are doing it for your own motives - that will be dry and discarded wood, redundant. He is looking into your heart, and the reason for it is to be transparent with people - because people will bring a revival in the heart through God's leading and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment