Sunday 6 May 2012

Abundant mercy, grace and reconciliation

I want to put a few thoughts in your heart today, that will lodge themselves in the same places, just as It did for me.
The first few thoughts that I had while studying the book of Ezekiel

I think the missing piece in Ezekiel is that we have to understand God’s prerogative to Judge, as the Judge of all the Earth. To not allow Him is to not allow His sovereignty – that I will give account to Him – fear of the Lord, release in my heart!
I don't think that at all! I think that's the worst advice ever! 

I want to propose two things, one is, that we ought to always to be thinking of our own pleasure, the other thing is, we ought to be thinking about our reward.

These are things that God has made us with! We cannot ignore them!
I want to propose something else, while I am here. It is that God is both the most supreme pleasure, and our highest reward. When we are called to live for His glory (Romans 3:23) it is not at the expense of our pleasure and the reward to us.

I have found a better way than anything else to find pleasure and reward. I want to introduce you to the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. I found out yesterday he took my treachery, the treachery that exists in my heart, and that daily I am treacherous, has been taken away. The reason that He did that was this, because He gives me beauty.

I want to say this, If I cannot find mercy, and substance at the cross, I may as well say "Goodbye God!"
He took my treachery, he took my backsliding, slander, rebellion, vice in my mouth, redeemed me, and he died. For my life He gave me His. Why should I not be looking FOREVER to Him. Why should I be living the way I want any more? This seems to be the insanity. Can I even understand what He's done for me? But that makes me want to know Him more. What a reward! That my Beloved calls me loved, He's coming back for me, to dine with me! The one who cleansed me by his word.

Finishing, we cannot do what is righteous by memorizing scripture, nor save ourselves by behaving differently. The only thing we can do, is gazing upon the Lamb. Allowing the work of sanctification to work in you, by the power of the Holy Spirit. And I trust that the reward is very obvious to You

No comments:

Post a Comment