Tuesday 8 May 2012

Keeping the Watch (1)

I would like to share something that is on my heart, that is likely a preparation of my heart in keeping what is on the heart of God for me and a generation in the proper place. A few weeks ago, while having a worship meeting, God spontaneously placed it on my heart to speak up and to Declare a verse from the Book of Psalms:

I will not give sleep to my eyes [Or] slumber to my eyelids, Until I find a place for the LORD, A dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob.

So what it was, is a Vow.

There is also a verse in the Book of Isaiah which he has placed on my heart.

Even them I will bring to My holy mountain, And make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices [Will be] accepted on My altar; For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.

I suppose that if I were to try to do it in my own strength, I would want to get the credit for it, but just this afternoon, while working outside, I was thinking about God's desire to consume me with His fire, and then a friend walked out, and I asked her "do you know about herrnhut?" she happened to, and I came running back to the dining hall to find someone to share this revelation with them. "God has heard my prayer!"

This has put two things that I want to share on my heart.
The first is this, the angels that stand before God's throne,
The reality of justice on the earth
 And the second is, keeping watch
What a wonderful name, "The Watch of the Lord"
Why do the angels minister before God's throne? do they do it out of responsibility? do they do it because God has done something for them? No, for all eternity, they have one anthem "Holy Holy Holy!" which roughly equates to, You are terrifying, You are beautiful
They are not motivated by what God has done for them, but only who God is.

Why do they continue? because of the worth of Him whom they are worshipping. They say "we live to make your name great"

In the book of Revelation there is a phrase that appears seven times, it is the word hetoimazō, which means, to prepare, to be prepared and to be victorious (past, present future) - why is this so important? it's because without keeping watch, you are not being prepared. Another word that is used in revelation is the word, hypomonē, which eludes to perseverance. The walk we are on, does not bode well for the temperate, the timid, the complacent and the unbelieving. Why? because there are trials that are coming, that will buffet you.

How do all these connect together? just that in keeping this charge I am no different from anyone else, just I have put my hand up and agree, (1) God is worth all of it, (2) It drives me to bring worship to Him everywhere, (3) that I will keep watching for His name

No comments:

Post a Comment