Monday 28 May 2012

The Vision of Isaiah: Unending LIFE, Victory over SIN, IMMEASURABLE RICHES (38:1-39.8)

I want to share this revelation that I had while reading the passage regarding Hezekiah's sickness. Think of Hezekiah, King of Judah, and His vast riches (39:1-2) collected up for hundreds of years, and the deceitfulness of these treasures, vexing his soul, tormenting His mind, actually making Him a slave to the things that cherished - and His eternal soul hanging in the balance. In one of the lines of His wonderful POEM, Hezekiah is quoted as saying:
I said, "I shall not see YAH, The LORD in the land of the living; I shall observe man no more among the inhabitants of the world.
The word for world is literally "Hades" - or the place of rest, that is, he is no more in the land of the living, but only an observer from the place where you cannot go back from.
Why does God hate SIN so much? Remember the verse in Matthew 16
"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

What is happening to Hezekiah is this, a battle with His eternal soul being led low to the pits of corruption, without forgiveness (38:17)
 Remember the verse in Psalm 16, which says
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will rest in hope. For You will not leave my soul in Sheol, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption. You will show me the path of life; In Your presence [is] fullness of joy; At Your right hand [are] pleasures forevermore.
We know that Christ, did not see corruption. That is, he did not goto the place where it was impossible to get back from.

The REASON that SIN is so abominable to God is this:
It is because in Messiah is the Spirit of LIFE, he is untainted from SIN. It is a mystery that he wrestles with SIN. The Spirit of God indwells Him, in full power, in absolute partnership, this is the glory of the Son of God. “I say to you, LAZARUS COME FORTH!” this proves He is the Son of God. Giving life to the dead. (John 5:21,25)

What is the heart of God's JOY of being forgiven of your sin? It is found in the end of the Psalm:
Indeed [it was] for [my own] peace [That] I had great bitterness; But You have lovingly [delivered] my soul from the pit of corruption, For You have cast all my sins behind Your back.  For Sheol cannot thank You, Death cannot praise You; Those who go down to the pit cannot hope for Your truth. The living, the living man, he shall praise You, As I [do] this day; The father shall make known Your truth to the children. "The LORD [was ready] to save me; Therefore we will sing my songs with stringed instruments All the days of our life, in the house of the LORD."
Let me pick a STRAND out of what is being said here, "It was for my own peace that I had great bitterness" What would it be like to have no forgiveness of sin, to go down to the grave without any hope, without a reward, being given to the worms, and your inheritance going to the dust? It would be bitterness. God saves you from the bitterness of it by giving you a better alternative, like in Ezekiel "Why should you die?" God is saying "I have something better for you than to die and leave everything to the worms"

This is ironically the reason why God allows the suffering in your life to happen, to convince you of a better life. (It's actually the definition of His love for you) These riches are the IMMEASURABLE riches of Christ (Ephesians 3:8) What better way to begin the book of the servant than the proof text of all that He is aiming to do to your little heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment