Monday 28 May 2012

Living Waters (5)

I have felt very tender today, and feel that this change is something God wants me to share.

I remember while preparing sermons for our little health and fitness group in February that if there was one thing that I wanted to share and broadcast to the world it is the Love of Jesus. What a wonderful opportunity that God has enabled me to not only testify to this, but has made it real to me! I will share the things surrounding this decision.

When I came back from travelling the North Island with my friend Steve Coe, I arrived in Christchurch to find out that I would not be going back to Oxford (not immediately anyway) I had a debt to pay off before I would come back to base and live there. However, I wanted to come into Oxford initially to find out my financial position to see if I could pay it off as well as visit my friends. While in the time of worship on Monday morning I knew God wanted me to speak on the fact I have not been at YWAM, and give them encouragement, "I have never been more full of love for Jesus and his worth than I do this day, even though my heart is in a spin" He's totally worth everything, every moment, every circumstance, every work he does, every word he speaks to my heart, all of His love.

I actually found out that I had enough money to pay off my debt at YWAM. thoughts were flashing across my mind, but I decided seeing that I was only coming out for the day, that I would go back to Christchurch. I would be able to come back soon enough (it later turned out to be the best decision because I needed to chat with Jeremy and let him know what was happening - and the plan I had - very precarious questions but God in his grace gave me the right answers)

Wow, what a thing to be able to say. I think that it's God's grace that I can say "Jesus is worth everything!" Be reconciled to God. Put Him the first place in your heart. He loves you dearly -

Though I have had many things happen in the last two months, I made a decision recently that the only thing that I was after was this - like David, I did not want to be moved by promotion. The most wonderful feeling comes from being in a place with no money - and no responsibility, and without peace, anxiety, commotion, for His peace to reign in my heart that my heart flourishes and shouts out "You are the one that I love!" I admit that my whole-heart is absolutely his right now, there's only peace in my thoughts, and I have more desire and delight in Him. He is what moves my heart!

This is the place of living waters that everyone desires and is designed to live from (Isaiah 55:1-3) It's available right here, right now, to anyone! In fact, it is most for the person that is going through unpleasant circumstances, this comes from the Spirit of God, wrought by a work of God's love, and giving glory to the Son.

My heart wants none of the glory, it has to goto Him. I will not be tempted by the glory of riches and of hearing people say "well done!" The only reason I say these things is because I want you to enter into the joy of which I have become a participant. The thought of speaking this to others terrifies me - i am looking out and thinking how incapable I am of doing this - this is where I am at right now. Does that give you assurance? Does that give you peace? Do i need to say that again? The thought of sharing this with anyone is what terrifies me the most, I am totally dependant on God to make this work. You do not need to put up with anxious circumstances any more, you can have peace, with the anxiety! Just open your heart and be filled with His love - His words for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment