Thursday 17 May 2012

Remembering and Dreaming

This day a year ago, some things happened that I want to hold in remembrance.

My heart was in a dilemma in asking the missions committee at my church, to place the thing that I treasure most, being in Israel, into their hands. I came back to the prayer room after the conversation, and though I had been unable to really communicate what was on my heart, God saw it, and said "I am going to be with You in Israel" - He gave me the peace that I was looking for.

A reminder that after having a dream of Davaun and I with my computer, I would be praying for my computer which currently did not work in an investment of the dream of the same fact - being in Israel with Davaun using the computer that I had in my hands, in fact, part way through this prayer vigil I sensed that I may be selling the computer for finances. Something to ponder on. (I kept the computer with me every day and would pray for it every morning - believing that It's by faith that miracles happen)

I also had a re-energizing of the promise of being in New Zealand, this land being my inheritance. This happened after giving to God what I had been desiring - to go. Realizing that He was calling me to stay - in Oxford. This is a life-time commitment! Where everyone else may go, I will stay, investing in this place. We need us! This then is worship, because God has said it. After I confessed and said "I make this nation my inheritance" I heard him say "You will stand here"

What is boiling on my heart are two promises. The first is from Isaiah 59:
"He saw that [there was] no man, And wondered that [there was] no intercessor; Therefore His own arm brought salvation for Him; And His own righteousness, it sustained Him."
What a heart piercing cry. There was no one who was eager to stand with Him. I understand that these promises are indeed very precious, to peer into God's heart and find a love that is fully committed to Justice. I will not attempt to disect these verses, I will let them speak for themselves. 

The second promise is He said to me: "Dream big dreams" take time to dream big. This is where my identity lies, it's not in what I do, it's in the dreams that I have in my heart. One thing that I've learnt is that God wants me to be with Him. Co-creating - Father and Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment