Wednesday 23 May 2012

Grace or mercy?

I would like to take this time to confront a belief that we have always held but may not have thought too much about. While I was reading my previous years notes, I was inspired by a question I asked myself while thinking about "honor: to obey and have a clear conscience?" To my alarm, justice (Godly justice) is motivated by mercy and God's love.

I've been struggling with anxiety, compromise, murder, lust and immorality, who would have known? whenever I am confronted by these thoughts I hardly know what to do, so I goto God and say "you are the only one who can take what I have, I trust you with what I am going through" This makes me perform a habit, the more that I trust God, the more, like Paul I can say, "I have entrusted everything to you today, until the day when you come again" (2 Timothy 1:12)

You cannot entertain any more thoughts of being like "everyone else" because you are the one that God has mercy on. This is where grace, fully flourishing, exhibits itself, in my deepest need, I can hear God saying to me "In your weakness, my strength is perfected, my grace is sufficient for you" Entrust yourself fully into the hands of God, whatever circumstance you find yourself. Do not ask the questions "Why is God putting me through this?" Mercy has been given to you, and to you mercy is shown, you were once not a people, but now are the people of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment