Wednesday 23 May 2012

Sonship: Giving a gift and motivated by the giver

Out of the overflow of my heart, the mouth speaks

Sonship: it was given to me, I did not become a Son by what I have done. (However to stand upon being a Son, this is very much the heart beat of Sonship) Being a little-child, this seems to be wearing off on me, in fact, in the last two months God has spoken rather clearly and strongly in regards to my calling, my heart, my child-like faith and sonship. It seems as though He is leading me. O, the favor of God! What did I do to deserve this?! (this is a play on words)

While sleeping last night I had a very vivid dream, and I felt I needed to share this with Steve this morning. Sure enough, this is what happened. I am flumoxed, "What does this all mean?" I had to say. Well, in God's mercy, I have been able to find out this very sentence. It seems as though God was walking with Steve and I as we journeyed around Bottlelake Forest Park Walkway. Two things were the main things we discussed while walking. I confess I have not had the best initiative when it comes to the two things mentioned. It is a lesson I will have to learn!

1. Sonship is the heart of God for His Sons.
2. Whatever gift you have to give, used it to the edification of others.

Particularly the second thing, because without trials or circumstances we would really not know the depth of God's love for us - His experiential love for us in all circumstances. When I am weary, then I would be reminded that His love is unfailing.

I suppose what I'm doing now is really an outworking of what He has done for me on the inside - and this is my joy - because I think of nothing else than to see my Brethren also sharing this kind of love with God.

Why is it so important that we are motivated to use our talents and giftings for the edification of others, it is because of the giver of those gifts, who gives the gifts meaning. I had the chance to pray for Steve while walking, because he had a sore throat. Not a moment after, I was filled with excitement, because what I had done, I had done in faith by the one who gave it to me.

If not love for the giver, it would be like the bride, who received ornaments which were a decoration of love from the bridegroom, but went and sold the very things he gave her and invited the opportunity to be unfaithful (Ezekiel 16:1-17)

The reason I use my gifts today is because I am giving opportunity to grow in authority, and nothing more - It comes from the giver.

No comments:

Post a Comment