Tuesday 5 April 2011

David and Kindness of the Lord

Hello there,

it's been a while since I wrote here. I am updating to let you know I have a testimony of things that have happened tonight. (testimony of Jesus Christ)

I had a very amazing meeting with our base leader Jeremy this afternoon, and also before dinner sat down to read the life of David. It says in 1 Sam 24:4,5 that David arose to cut Saul's robe. He didn't arise to cut "his King's robe", "the leader of the armies robe", "the tallest man in Israel's robe", because He wasn't thinking of position or promise of sorts, but of Him. He thought "Saul's Robe" Saul whom he knew. Later his conscience seized Him, why? because He cut "Saul's Robe" then he responds with saying. "The LORD forbid that I should do this thing to my master, the LORD's anointed, to stretch out my hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD." He takes a progression here, starting with "Saul" and then "forbidden", then "master", then "the LORD's anointed!" eyes opened here. It's not flat, it's a progression.

Throw out the old testament. What i mean by that is, there is a foundation that needs to be built upon. All the law and prophets testify to "righteousness by faith" when you read the old testament with this understanding, then when it says "The Lord looks at the heart" The question isn't "what does it mean, - looks at the heart" but "If God looks at the heart then why was David put through 20 years of testing" before becoming King. Because in all of his dealings with Him He wants to ingrain this reality in Him, that God looks at the heart and that He will not allow anything to happen to Him, He will deliver Him.

Anybody who has ever been touched by God can't keep silent. There is a scripture in Exodus 33:18. Moses asks the question. God responds. "Show me Your glory" God replies by saying. "I will make all my goodness pass before you."
i'm gonna stop right there. It also says "You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live" Now i'm wrestling with a mystery. Solomon speaks the wisdom later. He says "The glory of God is to hide a matter, but it's the glory of Kings to search it out" (Prv 25:2) David is very bold (read the second half of the verse) Ps 27:8b "My heart said to you "Your face I will seek" Even if I die i'm going to seek your face. Because God didn't qualify the statement in Exodus! He just said "for no man shall see Me, and live"
The next portion says "and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you" Let me explain this. No one who ever has been touched by God can keep silent. they have to tell, not even God can stop them! this is joy! Here this in God. Yes God, God the one and only. "I will proclaim the name of the Lord" God will not stop at "passing all His goodness before you" even though that is His end. He is going to proclaim! No one is going to keep Him silent!

I used to think, I better be silent, "because I might offend someone" - because If i say something. I better think about what I say! but God has given me an open invitation to disregard the last statement He said. He's gonna pass over that and we're gonna understand Him. Never to be silent. He's given me an open invitation to never keep my mouth shut. I can't help it! But if I'm speaking the truth that's right! I hope this is encouraging!

God, yes, God, yes these are the words of God, finishes His statement by saying this "whom I will have compassion i will have compassion, and whom I have mercy I will have mercy" i used to hear that meant, this one I will show compassion, but this one i will harden, this one I will put through a trial. But it's not saying that, it's saying "whomever I will" everyone come! everyone come! everyone come! for compassion. I know that anyone who has been with God has to be compassionate. anyone who has been with God has to be compassionate. It just so happened that Moses was the one that asked the question. He wants everyone to ask the question. Not just Moses!

If Saul had known that He had just entered into an open heaven full of compassion and mercy, He would not have responded the way he did. He would have asked for compassion and mercy and be forgiven completely! He would not have been content just with saying "You will be King" he could see that well enough, this man is fit for the job because He gives good to those who don't deserve it. If he had known - That is the crazy reality, that in the sight of abundant and life giving compassion we don't seem to get it - We remain hard-hearted and step away and are destroyed.

The next chapter we find David insulted by what He does. And it even says "i will murder all this guys men" in his heart he says "the good i showed this guy was vanity" (the word vanity means worthless and the opposite of existing) but God say that and pre-planned something great. So great that it resulted in David's reconciliation, and justice for Nabal. God was in effect saying "because you have shown mercy to Saul, I'm going to show mercy on you" - not a scales thing, like "for every one thing you do for God, he will do it for you" - no something better - because you are like me i'm going to repay you with being the same way to you. I don't even want to keep a record for what I've done. He was saying this - "You are like me, I like that, I will be myself around you"

So don't try to earn this grace - this is free. it is a free gift. otherwise it is legalism. It is a travesty to try earn something that is free - you are insulting Him. He wants you just to say "thank you" because that is the greatest compliment you can show - that you are being good to me. to a person that you say thank you to, it doesn't come from the person. so the thank you is saying "You are being like your Father" that is the greatest compliment you can pay someone. The Spirit in the end says the same thing "let Him who hears say 'come' and Him who thirsts 'come'" don't try to earn it, it is a free gift. the Spirit wants you to cease from trying to earn things. He gives me the world and says "i love you, i am good to you" to walk in that freedom, it is freedom! so don't try earn that anymore. I can't help myself! i hope this is encouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment