Thursday 24 February 2011

YWAM Updater: Lead by the Holy Spirit

Hello Everyone!

Creativity is something to admire at. You never quite know what you will think up next, especially when being led by the Holy Spirit. What do shaving your hair, graduation and earthquakes have in common? Prepare to be dazzled, fascinated and excited!

Thank you Holy Spirit for your great idea to shave off my hair, and my beard. I was just sitting down at the end of a church service wanting to say something with God, and Immediately felt the suggestion to get up and walk out into the church foyer, so I did. And when I was there I looked around, and noticed Michael was in the entranceway to the church with His fiance Janita. I walked up to Him. Then I said "Michael I have to say, you have the most amazing hair cut in the world" (i'm unable to show the photo, unfortunately) the idea is, you put a hat on and you don't know that there's no hair under there! and then I said "I promise you i'm gonna shave off my hair and beard" A few weeks went by and now it's happened! (notice picture)

I also took shots half way through and at the end. More pictures up soon!















While I've been at YWAM the Backpackers graduated. Some teams went to Thailand, a team went to India, while another two went to Australia/Fiji, and New Zealand/Fiji. Here's a story that really spoke to me. One of the Thailand teams had been unsure where they were going next, so they prayed, and there were still a few different options. Though they didn't want to go to some places, they were willing to go. After they decided on the destination (which was not what they wanted to do, but resigned to going there) God spoke to the leader and He suggested, "You could go to Hatbo" which they ended up going. However, when asked about it, one of the students said "Oh yeah, I knew we should goto Hatbo"


Oh yeah! I just got a title for this update. Lead by the Holy Spirit! That's what the quake, shaving hair, and graduation have in common!















So When they got there, they did not know where to stay, or what to do. After praying and intercession, they were convinced to go into the party places, (wearing orange - paint and stuff) and just start talking to people. So the first night this happened, two went off to party! and two stayed behind to intercede for protection, and confidence, boldness, how great teams are! One student shared how nerve wracking it was to start with, but by the end of the night, God came through and was able to share with people, answer to prayer!

From this I understand how important it is to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, and even if it isn't what you expect, to go through with it, take risks and challenge yourself to do something that you wouldn't normally do. I've put some pictures here of the graduation. I love you so much.

As you'll be aware, Christchurch was hit by another earthquake this week. We have been a hostel for backpackers who were in the city at the time, and just as I type this I'm overhearing a conversation regarding continued relief work in the city and making our base available for stay.

Pray for GRACE
that feelings of skittishness are replaced by peace and security
Send Revival
love would increase
Pray for Israel

we have had alot of Israeli backpackers staying with us. Being led by the Spirit we can experience the depths and the heights of God's love, When the mourning are mourning and the saints are rejoicing we feel the connection between us. Grace is a beautiful gift

From,

Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment