Sunday 20 February 2011

To Never Forget

"In what way have you been changed that you no longer want to go back?"
Let me tell you why you should not go back, EVER, it's because you have a testimony that you must never forget. You are looking at just how wrong the way we do things is, the way we pray, the way we worship, the way we love each other, do community together, forgive one another, be merciful, compassionate, kind to each other. NEVER stop running. Hear what has been said. You have a responsibility: to point out all the things that are being done wrong. The reason we have no spirit in our churches is because we closed ourselves off to Him along time ago. We put up walls, designed placards, built programs, constructed plans because we resist Him. He bangs on the door and you close the windows. You stop the genuine and sincere from moving forwards and you say we are strange and legalistic. To be free-spirited is to do what you want. You speak against prophets, you kill the orphaned widows and their children, you steer away from change and you laugh at sick jokes. You are a viperous brood everyone of you! I will destroy you in the day of wrath and laugh at your calamity because in the day I called you did not answer, in the day when I visited you would have none of me.

Jesus gave us the mind of selflessness. (Php 2:5) the ability to no longer think of ourselves. because when He was praying in the garden with this attitude in mind, this mind that Jesus has is your mind in Christ Jesus. For the first time in history humans no longer think of themselves they are freed from the power to think of themselves. This comes from the question: "How do you set aside time to be with God?" everyday. If it were simple then I would not have taken months and months to walk this out. I want to do what He says; when He looks around I'm the only one He looks at. So now I can't go a day without getting time in the spend with Him. And the answer is always the first one that I give: "Jesus gave me the mind to not think of myself"

Pray in tongues. all day, everyday. This is no joke! If it were a casual thing he wouldn't say things like "when you pray in tongues your mind is unfruitful", "I speak in tongues more than you all", "when you pray in tongues you are speaking mysteries [of God]" This really is the answer to a prayer life. or a life in God, you want life in God start speaking to Him. The motivation is never what I get from Him, but the relationship. When you love someone you don't say "I love this one because he gives me all this stuff"; if that is your definition of love then it is very undermined. When you love someone you love them. I was robbed of my relationship when I stopped speaking in tongues. This new thing that He has said really isn't a new thing; It was revealed by His Spirit. Absolutely, i think that the Holy Spirit speaks to us to set a standard. What God is doing in our generation we can't be looking in boxes to find. (haha... that is funny; what if all your stuff is packed away in boxes, usually that just means I have to look through everything before I find it) if I was using it, it would be lying round on a bench and I would have ready access to it. Some loose the ability because it goes away. The only advice they gave me when I started speaking tongues is to pray in tongues everywhere. That continues to be sound wisdom for me.

All this stuff that He has given us, is so that when we go back, we can overcome our circumstances and be the head and not the tail. People are saying "you shouldn't be taking this burden upon yourself", but I have to because I love you. pray for days on end; it's too important, it has to get out there. Bring 1000, 10000, 100000 into the kingdom by your testimony. bring the world to the kingdom by your testimony. What is stopping you? God loves you.

2 comments:

  1. Nathan,
    Thank you so much for your encouraging words. You are such an inspiration to those around you! Never give up!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Nathan...I miss you man. I love your fire and the way you speak truth. It is so sharp and good. I miss the encouraging words you would always give me on base. You are truly a man of God and you inspire me to be more like Him. Your passion is so contagious. Keep running hard brother. Thank you for blogging and sharing what God is doing in your life. You're in my prayers! Love you man!

    James

    ReplyDelete