Saturday 5 February 2011

Be who God has made You to Be

Alright, let's see what I have here. A few days ago I heard God say to me "You can be yourself around me" in context, i was just hopping into a room to visit a friend and go out for dinner. I know that God has made me the way that I am and that If I was to share that with someone, to be honest I wouldn't know too much about the subject, just that i get a tingling feeling when I here the phrase, because it shows that God loves me :)

What really does it mean to be all that God has made you to be? When I was younger I had a fascination with dinosaurs, I knew all about them. I later found out that I have aspergers syndrome (actually, i think the age has something to do with it too) I've never been very good socially because of this. But I would go hours and hours on things that i am fascinated with. It meant that going to sleep was easy for me. Over the years the enthusiasm has waned and we have to do all sorts of things that occupy our time, I actually find it very hard to get to sleep now! It seems everything has changed. Don't be someone that you're not. God has made you the way you are for a reason. The budding and flourishing of who you are happens when the Human Spirit connects with God's and we have light to see who we really are. That means when you are accused by the enemy saying "you need to do this" and "you need to do that" quite literally the answer you can give Him is "no!" I'm going to be who God made me to be. Our hearts cannot bear burdens of changing just because others are seeing our faults and concerns. To please God means that we do not please people.

Our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ encourage us that there is going to be suffering because we are His. We are not of the world. The strength of our heart is going to be when we are rooted in the same love that we know God has for us. We never can be sure of ourselves when we go after everything that is available to us. But the sure test is to see where our love is, because If we have love for Jesus then it's really because He loves us.

God knows all about us, there is nothing that is hidden from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment