Tuesday 28 December 2010

Let love be sincere

"Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good;" (Rom 12:9 RSV)
"Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good." (Rom 12:9 NKJV)

The only thing Jesus asks of us is to hate evil and cling to good. Of all the things that I would have thought of to show sincere love, and none of it would be that! Things like, not limited to: spending time with people and God, maturing in love for others, look after widows, orphans, Maybe i'm getting as far away as possible. This just looks like I'm mentioning anything outward, when God is looking inward, but there are tougher things than that, that are all very good reasons, and which we do think of, all the time. Notice what He says.

I would suggest that in this verse you can become more sincere and less sincere. I went after the wrong ideal, How simple it happens! You see I was going after it and slunk in because I thought that I was supposed to be doing things. But this really was the enemy coming in very overtly and without my knowledge. How easy it happens! I was having in mind all the things that I could do - actually I felt like I was separated from those around me, and not able just to enjoy, at christmas time! But you know me, I wouldn't take it to heart completely, in fact on Christmas day, a huge weight left my shoulders when I realized that I'm celebrating Christmas with my family! and from then on I didn't have the burden. But it really is so simple. It kept on hounding me on the side, saying "you've gotta do this! and gotta do that!" and If I said anymore, I would probably be making much out of something little.

I'll say that i didn't resist it. And I found that I was putting up with peoples behavior, putting up with lazying eyes which drift from one place to another, and most of all not speaking up because there was nothing to be said. And it slunk in and took away my sincere devotion.

There are 3 things God says.

[1] Remember that you want to hear my voice

[2] Reflect your heart back onto mine

[3] The heart transformation

I am in awe of God. What depth! what riches! what glory! Let me repeat this to you, a child can learn what is good and what is evil. And that is what we are! My Father in Heaven, Abba, Daddy! He is my Father! We don't need to be orphans anymore, we can be children! Who are spoilt silly by our Father, by our Daddy! The more I understand this, the more confidence I get and the more that I will work out of this knowledge.

Leave nothing for us! Take away our boredom. The love of God has been shed abroad in us. You are Abba, We are confident and bold in You. We ask things of You! We can go before armies with this knowledge! And vanquish our enemies! Hear who He says you are:

Mighty Man of Valor

The Beloved of the LORD

No comments:

Post a Comment