Sunday 26 December 2010

10 expectations for the coming year

Hello, I have been blessed today to record and produce some videos on youtube based on notes of what I believe God is saying for us as pertains to where we are at and what is there yet future. Like I say in the videos, i pray and hope that this blesses you that what you are experiencing is in fact the same thing I'm going through. And we will do this together. The Holy Spirit is pre-dominantly concerned with the future (John 16:13)

The videos are up on youtube. The first video deals with the first 4 and the second deals with the last 6. Here are the 10 points from notes (they will be slightly different as what is said in video - I unpack things more in the video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fOVRzACAOc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gskVujye-lc

This is the compilation of someone with lots of zeal and not much knowledge. And that's OKAY because i've realised that before and that's what everyone needs right now, fervent love that needs to be expressed somewhere. And that's not even enough because I don't end there. I end at the glory of God. I'm gonna bubble up with excitement any moment now as I be myself

Number 1. We shift our focus from our responsibility to God's sovereignty. It doesn't depend on us. Never loose sight of Him. We do it all the time, this is called whatever you want to call it. If you got up and went to the phone just now you just did it!
Number 2. Being a people radically aware of the zeal of the heart of God and His love for us motivating us because we find out that all we need to do is pursue Him.
Number 3. living differently by recognizing God's sovereignty in giving you freedom to turn from wrath and condemnation
Number 4. Encouragement of any authority and radical obedience to that authority
Number 5. Peace being the motivation (end goal) of conflict because as a child of God it is impossible to resist the leading of the Holy Spirit
(let me say however, in the pursuit of peace and “conflict” the buck stops at forgetting your plans and ideas and agendas completely because you will never submit to someone whom you do not love and honor. ex. Wrapping gifts for people, leading teams on outreach)
Number 6. Teaching motivated from letting the little children come
I tell you that my reward is in love which is a delight and I'll give away anything for free. This sure sounds like Jesus definition of humility which is “coming and asking for stuff” (Mark 10:14,15)
Number 7. The glory of God more precious than gold and more costly than silver (whatever that means?)
If God is infinite and unlimited in all of his capacities then there is no one who will even be dust on the scales compared with Him. His ability to satisfy us is too vast and immeasurable all I can say is everything else is rubbish in comparison. I want a generation that will cry out “show me the glory of God” or if that word doesn't satisfy you, “show me the beauty of God” or “the face of God” He is my inheritance.
Number 8. Confidence coming from rooted identity in God rather than from previous track record.
Number 9. Perfection not being the continual work of regeneration but the doing of God's work as His child
Number 10. What is really happening? A lot is really happening. If your listening to this I hope this really blesses you because I really am having difficulty expressing what it is that God is doing. He's take my heart and taken fear away and given me joy and peace and lov1e and compassion, God is the whole point. It's not enough that I'm doing things, I have to be in it. And the only way that I know to be in it all the time at any moment is making the chief and ultimate end of life the glory of God because the enjoyment of God and His being made high are the same thing

I hope to change you.
The only one who can make you rejoice to give away everything and boast in it is God. This really is just the beginnings of the beginnings – we haven't seen anything yet!

This is just a summary of these things, I will also be putting up more indepth videos of the same expectations later.

No comments:

Post a Comment