Friday 10 December 2010

God's way of providing for you

"The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning, and bread and meat in the evening; and he drank from the brook." (1 King 17:6)
There was famine in the land but God saw fit to give Elijah portion from the ravens during the morning and evening, and drinking from the brook.

I have forgotten the day, but sometime this year I heard clearly from the LORD "your outstanding debts have been cancelled" I immediately rang my parents and said "I believe that God wants to cancel your debts" From here I have seen God provide for me in remarkable ways.

After I came back from Leithfield on the weekend of the 27th I had purposed that I would fast on Tuesday. It also became the day when I decided to seek God for direction and wisdom. So much is just flooding back to me right now... You don't need someone to say "You are being led" when God takes you by the hand step by step, what you need is the step "where to step" you can know the direction you are headed without knowing where the next step is taking you. Two are very different, but both are found in God. So you could say that "God leads us in righteousness" but asking for wisdom is what is the stepping stone. This is the humble writings of someone who has only begun to walk on the path of God's plan. How exciting! But also how demanding. (after thought, we don't just want a few things as guys, there are many longings of our hearts)

So being this day, this is what happened. We have a meeting as staff on Tuesday mornings. We also have an intercession meeting which finishes before breakfast time. But because I was fasting I stayed in the prayer room. The only thing that I heard God say was "Just receive" because on Sunday I had been prayed for, and was muttering and saying stuff to myself and they said "Just receive" which means keep my mouth shut and don't talk to God. Just receive.
When we came into the meeting for the week - there were some guests who are from the Father's heart school - which meant there were more people for the week. By this time God had revealed to me that it's all about the people! divine appointments! Being in the right place at the right time with the right people speaking the right things (replace the word right with God if you want)

So when the meeting had adjourned I began watering the plants and some people came outside, and I shared with Barry and Judy how wonderfully I was, sharing about how divine appointments are the whole point.

Then Matt came out and we talked about the very thing, sharing about evangelism and how it's so much more than evangelism but however God wanted to prove a point by doing things before anyone expected Him to, and then walking them out (which is my experience with God) God is widening all the closed parts. Thank you so much Father. No one can do what you do. You are the only one deserving all of my praise!

The first person I wanted to talk to was Jeremy because he has the final say in the matter. The very thing happened this week and it was further confirmation of how amazing my Daddy in Heaven is.

So part of Tuesday is BLS lecture, before we went there I would go into the prayer room and "Just receive" because being ready for the next appointment is all about being in the presence of my Daddy in Heaven. What a joy! If it's a joy and excitement how can anyone take that a way from me! And that's what happened, we had the best BLS lecture ever, sharing about the inevitable meeting which would happen at Church on the weekend but God had different plans! But that's Ok. What a delight to be asking the same question as Solomon. I'm content to be walking in the footsteps of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment