Friday 24 December 2010

JOY is the change beholding change

"Joy is the change beholding change"
This is a thought that came as I was reading a book, God's Passion for His glory, by John Piper. This book is freely downloadable from daltonlifsey.com. I wish to share this with you!
Who is it that will be most excited about seeing change in people. Is it not the one that loves them? So let it be that I always seek to motivate this change in whoever I am talking to because this change is GLORY. This change is inextricably connected with God's glory and will never be separable! set my heart a flame with JOY. This is a reality too wonderful for words and for reality, no one can keep me from this most exquisite experience. This is life indeed, oh this is life indeed! You have my heart Abba, you have my heart and my life and my attention. What is it you want to say to me? I'm out of my mind! What's happened? This is too much for me! i'll gladly be abased and rejected for the sake of such infinitely superior pleasures! Oh and I'll give it away i'll never keep anything for myself anymore, it's too much I can't contain this! This is EVERYTHING. let it grip you. Who is it that will keep me from loving you? The LORD loves to look at you, why? because He's beholding beauty. And he is filled with supreme happiness because He himself is being glorified, and then He says "This most exquisite display of myself is so beautiful and this gives me regard to myself" And he loves being himself for the sake of it. He loves the manifestation of Himself for the sake of it. Joy is the response of gazing at God's glory. We rejoice in that which we behold. What a day when God was made a man I'm pre-empting it because it has to be! You are united in such a cause. You are not separate in such a cause. You are ONE. because who knows how long it will be until you know God the way you want to. But we behold His glory now. The change brings about the excitement in the heart of the Father which is his delight for His characteristics. You ask me, how do I then know He loves me. Because "He loves me!" He delighted in seeing perfectly all of Himself and what could possibly happen when He is Himself and he created us and if all of created order is made by Him then there is a chief end for all of creation which has already been said. "For His regard and His glory" because the creation he looks to receive the regard that is His. He saw you before, and during and after and delights in you. You are made in His delight, and this union is JOY. the responding to beholding His glory. And when He sees His characteristics being shown then He knows that it's good. And i'm gonna finish with saying "I really am giving away everything that I have to anyone that wants something" And the reason being because i will be most excited in seeing the change in people. O let me continue to incite CHANGE. I don't care if it's called discipline or whatever, this Son of the Father is having a feast of JOY beholding glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment