Sunday 17 October 2010

Thank you so much!

We just had our YWAM staff retreat at Hanmer this weekend. I would like to share all about it as Father God has gone above and beyond what anyone asked for or expected to happen.

Thank you Father for loving us.

I also want to thank Denver for leading us in worship

Jeremy for handling everything so well - God really speaks through him.

But I guess if i'm going to start thanking people I will have to thank everyone, for it wouldn't be the same without them.

Courtney - Thank you for preparing the meals I enjoyed the dinner meal on friday even though i was fasting. You are so capable and I love you

Anna - You don't need to say anything. I really want to get to know you more.

Laura - I see you doing such a good job everywhere you go and want you to know you are a great leader and I love you.

Gabe - Though I've only known you for a year it feels like i've known you for ever. May you continue to go where God leads you, I release you my brother! You have always been so inspirational to me. I want to continue this. Every day is full of new discoveries.

Seth - I really think we have alot in common, but only God knows. I'm glad you came back to staff this year.

Carolyn - I'm not sure what this year has for you, however. Thanks for being part of the family. And sticking with it.

Barry & Judy - Thanks for being so kind and tender-hearted (we're not perfect, but God sees our heart) and you really are my mother and father, brother and sister. what great news! It fills me with freedom and peace. And purpose and all sorts of stuff.

Peter & Chris - I remember you Peter, when after I finished my radio degree I came to you and asked if I could do some work with CTV, and then the day when I decided to come do YWAM. I don't think anyone can say they could expect what has happened!

Juddy & Rachel - Thank you for stepping into the role here at base Juddy. Thank you for your life experience. Rachel thank you for what you bring to the worship. I look forward to getting to loving and knowing you both while I'm here

Roger & Julie - I really think Father God sees so much in you. When I arrived I was praying for you and said something like "You are wise and have lots to share" I think that God has answered your prayers. Thanks for what you shared on the weekend about having an abundance left over because of our giving - time, energy, love, devotion, et cetera. not just finances.

Nate - Thanks for being honest at Hanmer. I really want to get to know you more. It's great having you in the family.

Scott - We all need each other. Thank you for being such a man and wonderful! And for all your hugs.

Ben - I'm really gonna miss having you around here. The time that i've spent getting to know you has been really foundational. You are just what I need for being here.

Jay, Mary and Josh - You really bring such a crucial and amazing part to base, I know that I haven't really got to know you very well so far, other than our contact being together. May we find that place where we can all be ourselves and breathe a sigh of relief that we have known each other for so long and it's just like good friends coming back together again. I don't know if this was a surprise to you. I remember walking into the prayer room one morning, Mary, and you sat us down for our meeting, and we were given "Mortals" to bless for the week - You really heard from God on that one. You do too Jay, I heard you speaking with such passion about Frontier Missions, and realized "wow! I've never done that before!" And Joshua also. this place wouldn't be the same without you.

Karyn - Thank you for coming down to Christchurch, and for coming again, I will be praying for you.

Jed & Kayla - I haven't really got to terms with what you do around here, but when you went away to Fiji I felt included in what you were doing, as well as when we had the offering for the snowboarders. But that doesn't mean it has to happen that way. Thanks for stepping out with your vision Jed. Kayla - I love you. I'm committed to loving you. And want to know how to love you. That really is me heart

Georgina - Your fiery zeal and your confidence amazes me! And that really came out in what you said. The softness of your heart. I want to be like you. That's what inspiration is!

Drew, Angela & Rosie Family - Definitely couldn't forget you. I really know what love is because of how you demonstrate it to me. And I want more of it! God can do what He wants - He is in control. That's really all I can say at the moment.

I can't just stop because that would be an understating of how I feel, which is a direct result of how this weekend has panned out. Can I even say that? That gives the sense that it subsided and this is where things have been left. But I can't. That just can't happen! What I mean is, this love doesn't go out, it is never quenched, and the realization of this love is what can never leave is. The moment it does, we become like a dead body, or a lampstand without a flame. The moment this goes out everything stops. And everything ceases to be. Because of this I don't even need to go on. But I certainly know this isn't because we gathered together and had meetings. This is all because of God the Father! My heart has been burning all day and I want to go tell my Father in Heaven just about everything there is to say! This day just doesn't end. It is a succour of sweet delights and heavenly fruit. What do you do with fruit? you eat it! Nothing else can satisfy. I love You so much! The longer that it lasts the longer that it goes on and only grows. I want to know what Love is like. He's given me the desire of my heart which is to belong. O Father, you truly are our Tri-une God. I know now that nothing has happened or will happen that takes me from Your love. You want worship! I want songs. You say "I can do that!" I feel just like those that have been so full of gladness it is greater than at harvest of oil and new wine. I would not reduce this sensation for a second! This is a feast, the feast of feasts! It's more than that. Something is happening. I want something to happen! Give me yourself Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment