Wednesday 27 October 2010

What kind of love is this?

1 John 3:1 "Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him." NKJV
NASB adds in - and such we are.

Help me to find the riches of the kind of love that makes me your child. I do not want anything else. To be loved by you and to love you is where my identity and value lies. The revelation of Your love is the source of all delight and pleasure. Do not withhold yourself from me, my Beloved. You have said to my heart, "Seek my face" my heart says to you "Your face, Lord, I will seek" Help me into the deep places of God. You see my heart. You started it, I have an answer to those who ask me "He started it" This kind of love which my heart yearns for. Everything else is pittance compared to this fountain of delight and life. I asked You once, "then what is it that I am searching for?" let me again ask the same question. You are going to shake everything that can be shaken, the heavens and the dry land, for the sake of love. This is where my obedience stems from, I will obey. Bring maturity into my heart to accept Your love. I have the greatest helper in the universe! You know that I want to love You. I have found what is pleasing to You. I am pleasing to You! I am what you want. I live to please You. Help me to stay the course of Your love. Sin is my obstacle. I want to remove everything that hinders love. My reward is not in doing anything but because I love you I truly obey. Amen

I know that Your love is immeasurable,
I cannot contain it,
But what kind of Love have You loved me with?

I used to think that it was because of the Power of His Love, but it's the kind of love that He loves us with, that has made us His children, the Beloved of God. That is where my identity and value lie. Because it says "what manner" (emphasis mine) or what kind of love is this?

So the thing that we should be asking is "what kind of Love is this?" because if that is the kind of love that He loves us with to become His children, the maturity of His love will be asking the same question. I think His love is altogether wonderful.

It is a very great love! greatness in terms of the kind of Love that he loves us with. And it's really the question that I've been asking all along. It certainly is not a side question. This is the one question. Jesus, what does love look like? What is this love with which you have loved me with? Willing to die, exchange the glory that you had in Heaven for the likeness of a slave and suffer mistreatment and abuse at the hands of those that you came to die for. God in the flesh! handed over to be crucified. achieving in His death eternal reconciliation (though not universal atonement) Received up in glory. And now is proclaimed in every place of the World. Your name is the one treasure that we receive. "Because you have loved me, I will show you the full extent of my Love for you, everything of my love for you"

But how do I love you like this? Help me! Give me incentive to bow the knee to you, because You see my heart, You know I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment