Saturday 14 June 2014

Setting up an RSS feed

Hello there, I recently found out about this ability to stay in touch with the content that is developing on a website, called RSS (Real Simple Syndicate) and have set it up for your convenience if you want to keep tabs on any new content that I update without needing email (the option to subscribe emails is still there)

I'm using Firefox. If you are using another web browser, I will try to make this simple for you.

Click on the Menu button in the right hand corner of the screen
Click on "Customize" (it is highlighted on the picture)
(Yes i did change from PC to Mac) When you click on this button, a new screen will open up, giving you the ability to add icons. the one that you want is "Subscribe" drag it to the menu, or place it next to the Home, and bookmarks (this makes it easier to select the page you want)
Now when you visit my site, the "subscribe" button will light up, indicating that you can subscribe to the feed. The good thing about it is that you can browse it at your leisure. when you click the button, it will give you the option to select a feed. Select "Subscribe to Sound the Trumpet in Zion - RSS"
Here's where this might differ from mine. when you click this button, if you have never used RSS, it will bring up a screen with topics from my website, and the option to use "Live Bookmarks" to subscribe to my blog. If you click the option that says "always use Live Bookmarks" then when you goto another site it will just let you add the site to bookmarks.
I hope this helps! actually I'm about as excited as you are! never knew there was this kind of functionality with the web!

As an aside, I hope to be releasing videos which will be on Youtube, for any topics that the Father has been speaking to me and what I want to share with you. I have a channel on Youtube called "PforPianist" if you are wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment