Saturday 20 April 2013

The why behind Awake


LORD, you know what I need
Your thoughts are above mine
This is why I come to You in prayer.

You give to the sinner forgiveness from sin
You give to the condemned love that begins
You give to me a hope that endures
Come love on me again!

You make me assured, accepted
You adopt me as a Son by Jesus Christ to yourself
I belong to You

Come renew my heart
Come bring these dead bones
To live again
Come make whole this divided heart I see
You will come and marry me.

Come awaken love from the depth of me
Break these divided longings
As I break these waves that crash over me
And hold me close to You
I will be held by the everlasting arms

My God is acquainted with my sufferings
This is what wakes me up in the morning
My heart is surrounded by ravenous wolves
You have made me to eat of the fullness
My soul, O my soul, is surrounded by the anthems of the world

Awake, that I may sing again
Turn my heart away from the dreary melodies
I want to dance, yes sing again
Of the pure anthem of the LORD
Which makes me sing again. 

This was written during one of my anxious times, I wrote it because I wanted to get out of the place I was in, and commit my way to God. It is a good starting, because I’m honest about the feelings that I have, and about getting out of them.
I think if we’re all honest we go through times and seasons when we don’t feel 100% that’s when we really need to dig deep and find a solution to our problems. I have found that in God. It’s because I can be totally honest with Him that I know that I can trust Him with everything.
Let us come to God with everything, because He has entrusted Himself to us, whether we are feeling 100% or down in the dumps. It’s this kind of relateability that makes us united with Christ in life’s ups and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment