Tuesday 24 July 2012

The ultimacy of rest

But I will dwell in your courts all my life
like a green olive tree, I will trust in the Lord forever
For this is my desire that will not be taken away
until I have found You here
There is a God in Heaven
I looked for the truth
and I found You

I will be sharing from my own experience today.

There are things that I can share with you,

Which are easy to understand

But there are things that I cannot share with you,

Which I can only speak to you

In such times, I find that the progression usually goes like this

"Their words" then "them" then "Him" then it is simply "you" in rest, and freedom.

His purposes are ultimate in rest.

Consider Psalm 52, where the man replies with his ultimate, being God and His sure safekeeping in His own presence, His own arms. Who would trade these things?

So when I am speaking these things to you, they will have the most meaning to you.

Does it fill you with joy that he makes His most delightful past-time "But I"?

No comments:

Post a Comment