Sunday 29 July 2012

Open My Eyes to See

It went from here (my head) to my heart to my body - I cannot keep it inside - the dream which is Jerusalem.

I think this has to be the way that we live. What do you say to a people who are "whole-hearted"?
to dream is what we were made for, so the way to live is asking God "how do you see me?" - He is not just wanting, the mind, the heart but all of us.

It has been wonderfully demonstrated in the life of David, who God exclaims "I will give the sure mercies of David" - to a descendant of David that will bring an everlasting covenant with


How is it that you can commit atrocities like murder and lying and get away with it?

How is it that you can be called the man after God's own heart when you achieve Satan's will?

Because what exists in David's heart is something special. Something that God himself wants. It says that "I have provided for myself a King among Jesse's Sons"

I find it very amusing, that one of David's chief delights (according to scripture) is to build God a temple - to build God a house. to build God a dwelling place in Jerusalem. It is like his compass has been gravitated to the city that bears God's name.

Psalm 78:68 But chose the tribe of Judah, Mount Zion which He loved.
Psalm 2:6 "Yet I have set My King On My holy hill of Zion."

Here we have two agreeing councils, where God has chosen before time to make Jerusalem His city of dwelling.

People will say "but He did not dwell there until David's day, and 5 centuries later, the dynasty failed" - Is it not for an eternal legacy?

Read this verse in 1 Samuel 17 and consider

17:54 And David took the head of the Philistine and brought it to Jerusalem, but he put his armor in his tent.

In this shepherd boys heart was a desire to make Jerusalem the chief city when He had barely been known by the tribes of Israel. It stood in defiance then, in a way, it stands in defiance now.

It is because inside of me exists the passion for the glory of God - which is far more than my JOY for people, or my love for people.

What is in me that I should be called the dwelling place of God?

The desire to live like David, whole-hearted is nothing less than connecting with God's heart, and then being mobilized in the generation that you are in.

The harvest is plentiful, the workers few, therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to SEND OUT labourers into the harvest field. What harvest? NATIONS!

A harvest of peoples, nations, tongues and tribes!

You cannot do that sitting down. You cannot gather into your heart what is only outside your doorstep. This call is one to give everything and consider it RUBBISH except to go for Him! that makes your OBEDIENCE, something of eternal implication. If you do not hear this, You are going to shrivel up.

I just made a precedent. It's because Jesus is putting the thrust back to you, and your heart. We tell Him we will go everywhere, But when He tells us he has given EVERYTHING we are callous and indifferent, not knowing what He is asking. Is this the only call? by no means! But a trumpet sure sounds like one from any angle that you hear it.

A call to abandon your heart looks nothing like anything else than that! But there is RESPONDING to be done. When the nations heard that God is the world-ruler they acted very foolishly, with their IDOLS, I wonder if this is the same response that threatens us today (Isaiah 41:6,7)

This is where my FREEDOM comes from, it is choosing the call to which He has called me.

To be confident in the face of fear, you cannot look back the other way, You have to be utterly sold out for the cause, God is the flame that allows us to do this (Isaiah 42:1-7) You ask, "What is before me?" only what He has been saying all along, "I am going before You, to pave the way for You, so that you can reap a harvest" This has everything to do with the REWARD. without a reward, no one will go. this is the motivation behind His phrase "What does it PROFIT you?" - emphasis on the YOU as well. When they were called, that was it, nothing stopping, they went with Him. He sure makes it difficult sometimes, but He never leads me astray. I know where I'm going and it's Jerusalem. Because He loves me! Because my work is there! because my reward is there! I am crucified with Christ

I will end with this. David was a shepherd boy, they did not even know his name (1 Samuel 15:28; 13:14)

He was not chosen because of his leadership, singing ability, handling of the sword, favour with people, or even His heart. If they were anything of the outward appearance, it says "I have rejected Him" - for the Lord does not see as man sees.

The only thing that He was chosen for was this, God liked that He came to Him.

It was a recognition that God would exclaim later "I will give you the sure mercies of David" - that I will not take away. faithful kindness and tenderness.

I am that man, that God has raised up! I do not want the accolades, the prestige, the rewards! I want to Love Him more!

And nothing is going to stop God from raising me up because I am totally after His heart

No comments:

Post a Comment