Sunday 13 May 2012

What time is it?

A statement from Revelation 10:4 has sparked a series of inspired questions related to the Spirit of Prophecy and what is the Spirit saying to us.

Now when the seven thunders uttered their voices, [fn] I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, [fn] "Seal up the things which the seven thunders uttered, and do not write them."

The question is, What time is it? and the pressing burden is "how must I respond during this time of crisis?"

The idea that the Holy Spirit directs us by His own leading is not a new one. To see, then, that the Spirit will be poured out before the coming of Jesus, is both comforting and to be expected. Some of the pressures that I could think of are, loss of homes, loss of family, loss of confidence, fear, uncertainty, and many more.

This makes me think that the number one need of the hour is a need for Fathers, who guide, lead, protect, and support, bless, comfort, and reassure sons and daughters.

Then when the trials come, the Church will rise up with joy and confidence.

This is all summed up in one verse.

[The Shulamite] While the king [is] at his table, My spikenard sends forth its fragrance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment