Friday 4 May 2012

Mercy in Relationships

Hello,

in keeping with my desire to recount the year that just passed, Here is Today's. 04/05/12
I have not been able to retrieve the diary/journals I wrote last year, so instead, I wanted to let you know what is on my heart today.

I need to have abundant mercy for anyone who is not yet at the stage where they can be confident in what God has given them charge. Let me clarify, what i mean is, while I have relationships on this earth, I need to have mercy on my friends, because their heart is in the right place - so I will be kind and tender with them, until we all see eye-to-eye.

When I realised that this actually magnifies God's mercy I found peace because God and I both know this is the better option. O, that God sees the intention of our hearts and rewards us for it! I am also wrestling in my heart, because I am convinced that my responsibility is to be taken as a diligent man, effective in work, making sure everyone is doing what needs to be done, but it's more like a gardener, tending his garden, having to uproot weeds, and nurture and care for everything. To be like my heavenly father means to be in a state where I am utterly helpless and relying upon His provision every day. This means that I am more able to excel in the work that he's given me to do.

This is the perfect embodiment of fruitfulness, because I am not focusing on the fruit, but on being ever more fruitful (John 15:15) Just like the fruit is grown from the tree, the root of bearing fruit is fruitfulness, I will be devoted and abide in the vine and find nourishment and identity there. This also confirms his calling of us, which means God is glorified. Come and drink of the vine! My beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment