Tuesday 15 May 2012

A Memorial to Haman

Esther 7:9,10 (Paraphrase) "Here hangs Haman the enemy of the Jews on the gallows that He has made"
In Isaiah 45 we read:
I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these [things].'(verse 7)
We are seeing these things being fulfilled in our generation. If I was to tell you that Israel's enemies are gathering now as we speak, to fight and to make war, to have the victory what would you say? I would say, God is coming. In Isaiah's day, these things had not yet happened, however the trumpet was being announced. "I know you by name" - I know a Gentile King who will see the temple rebuilt, say to the captives of Israel - be free! and bring those in darkness out into the light. Who would have thought - Who makes laws, revels in vain glory, driven by sensual pleasures, unable to look after His own family, why not add more to that? a King whose armies would trample Jerusalem under the dust, be the Rod with whom God strikes, Why? Isaiah 45 has the answer - That you may know that I am the LORD (There is no other, there is no God besides me, no one else who can save)
So when I see God saying "I will make good out of calamity" I look at the story of Esther. Can you imagine what insidious plots were going through the hearts of God's enemies? we see it in Haman's eyes, words, and thoughts, "to annihilate Israel and wipe the face of the earth clean of the elect of God" And was God surprised? He started the plan before hand. So that when the day come, His enemy was hung on His own gallows, the Jewish people trampled down their enemies, Salvation was brought to the house of Israel, and no one got the credit for it - only God! I mean really, they were just in the right place at the right time.
Even writing this, I cannot take the credit for it. But I do believe in the inerrancy of the word of God - that my God is in Heaven and he does what he wants. He who has ears to hear, let Him ear. The Lord is doing a work in our day that you will not believe even if it were told you - a day great and terrible! The Day of the LORD

No comments:

Post a Comment