Friday 25 May 2012

Living Waters (3)

I have to refrain a little. But normally I do not take scriptures out of context. But the need of the hour and the situation beckons that I do share something rather puzzling or perplexing but for the sake of it, will make things easier to understand for everyone. Just be ready to use your spiritual eyes rather than your natural ones,
"Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you."
The issue actually has profound implications if the verses are taken in context, to the nation and people of Israel. It's not the first time God has used spiritual things to bring prayer and love for Israel.

The question I have to ask, is, "Have you given birth to a child?" These are the symptoms

1. You cannot forget it. What would it be like to have a child that you never looked after? One of the first names of God mentioned in the Bible is, "El Shaddai" or in the Hebrew "Many-breasted one"

2. Things are happening around and through you that you do not have words for.

3. You have come out of indecision and know exactly what is important. You know that prayer is exactly what is important.

I have to share something, This is what has happened to me. I cannot forget it, this is the only thing that matters right now, I am thinking more about families and children than I ever have, either by revelation or by experience. God wants to shatter peoples expectations of what they think life is about, he wants people to taste what is good and share it with others. This means stepping out and being vulnerable at times. But it's completely worth it.

There is a scripture that the Lord gave me last week while walking to the fish and chip shop. Isaiah 8:18
Here am I and the children whom the LORD has given me! [We] are for signs and wonders in Israel From the LORD of hosts, Who dwells in Mount Zion.
I have been chosen to be a sign to others so that they may follow.
These children that I have reared are healthy babies that need feeding, they need to be fed well, nurtured, taken care of. What am I talking about?
I'm talking about the Holy Spirit. He was given to us as a deposit for an inheritance, the point is, He is the Spirit of Revelation and Wisdom - it's not for just a joy ride. This is all about being free from the reign of sin, and experiencing the deep pleasures of the Holy Spirit giving you superior pleasures - to the glory and praise of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment