Friday 25 May 2012

Living Waters (2)

I think one of the greatest pleasures in life is simply to go back and remember the works of God. No greater excitement has entered my heart than to realize that God himself wants me to remember the miracles that he performed to allow me to stay at YWAM earlier this year. How is this related to last year? Well, because I recognize that God has been working on my heart.

There is a scripture in John were Jesus makes a small excursion to a Samaritan village, he begins by describing the kind of water that He gives, if only she would ask Him for it. I remember hearing the story that this is what it is like when the patriarchs would find a well - digging for water. Even thinking of it, digging in the middle of the desert, and then all of a sudden, water! Living water, or active, flourishing water, that you can drink. I have to admit, i've yet to taste that kind of water (as much as the water comes out of the tap all the time, it does not taste alive to me yet!)

Remember.
Psalm 77:11
I will remember the works of the LORD; Surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
Psalm 105:5
Remember His marvelous works which He has done, His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth,
Psalm 143:5
I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Your works; I muse on the work of Your hands.

This I pray, that you may give to us the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment