Friday 11 May 2012

Keeping the Watch (3)

Seeing tomorrow is the day when I take rest, i will be giving two devotions with God's grace

My mind is on the Garden of Eden right now. I wonder what God's intention was with the Gardens. There is a command in the Garden, which God gives to Adam.
The LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed.
Yeah, that's right. It's funny how quickly we turn away from this commandment.
What command, you say? why, "He put the man whom He had formed" does that not sound like a commandment? It does to my ear. We always have our ears on other things. But God did not put Adam in the garden by accident. This is before He gives the commandment "Go and tend and keep the garden" This is simply, "I am putting you there"
There are two things that I want to emphasize.
1. That God placed Adam in the garden
This means that He is made for the garden,
2. That God spoke,
This part is what i want to really labour at. God still speaks, giving overseer directions to Adam. It was never the other way round. When we live in unity with God we are living as we are supposed to.
I want to highlight something about the verse, it says "The LORD God" this means, the Sovereign, the Creator, the Omnipotent One, Dwelling in Courts in Heaven. We are not alone, and from that I mean to say, today God is still speaking, today, God is still giving wisdom, today God has ultimate power to bring His purposes to fruition. He uses us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment