Thursday 8 September 2011

Putting your house in order

This season, which started on August 29, and ends on the 7th of October, is part of the Jewish Calendar, called "The Season of Teshuvah" a fourty day period which culminates in Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, and Succat. It is a house preparation season, putting things in order for God - coming into a time of repentance, turning from sins, to the true God. Here are a few scriptures mentioning Houses in the Bible.

Joshua 24:15 "And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

Matthew 12:44,45 "Then he says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.' And when he comes, he finds [it] empty, swept, and put in order." (continues on)

Haggai 1:9 "[You] looked for much, but indeed [it came to] little; and when you brought it home, I blew it away. Why?" says the LORD of hosts. "Because of My house that [is in] ruins, while every one of you runs to his own house.

I want to share something that happened just today. It is a post commenting on my friend Ali's blog about putting your House in order.

This has given me confidence with God. I recently arrived back for a trip from Israel, where God changed my heart, completely! He said I was entering into a new season, but I did not believe it! Please let me be Mary and not Zechariah! Today while reading your blog, I realized that he's doing a very similar thing with me. When He had provided all I need to get to Israel, I was excited, while I was in Israel I was taking photos, the week back when He started putting everything together to report on what had happened, I let go of the reins, I can no longer do anything. Just for a notice, this happens to be a season on the Jewish Calender, called "The Season of Teshuvah" a period of 40 days, which is literally Putting your House in Order (Like the story Jesus uses to describe a demon being cast out, and coming back with 7 friends) These days are considered "Days of Favor" because they coincide with the 40 days Moses was on the Mountain after the Golden Calf incident. This can't be coincidence! I've been, "Putting my house in order" and just realize God wants to take up vacancy! It's all in His hands now, no more taking the reins. We have to let everyone know the things God is doing in these days!

That is right. You see it's when we don't trust Him that things turn into calamity. It's when we go about this season, not knowing that it's Jesus! we find ourselves with 7 friends and they torment us more. What a wicked generation!

I don't what to take the reins anymore, I don't want to be in charge of the affairs, I want God to be in charge of everything, and embrace the ache of a lovesick heart, even if it means weeping, and mourning, and fasting and waiting, and watching, for Him.

I'm alive in Him! When I came back from Tauranga earlier this year, I knew that what I had been doing was taking the reins from God at the time when He wanted me to trust Him. Even though this seems like the least logical thing to say, I'm not going to lift a finger, not unless He says so. I want to add something: He's worth it! He wants to take me on an adventure with finances, He wants to show me the blessedness of being in His will. When the day comes, I will not have anything outstanding, because He has cancelled my debts. All I need is to believe, just like Mary, who pondered these things in her heart. I could ask for anything, but I'm choosing to fellowship with the King. I could ask for everything, but I choose Him. He says I'm beautiful, and he can't refuse me! He desires me, then I can ask for the deliverance of my people, and He will fight with me, by my side!

The only responsibility I now have as a servant of the house, is to look after the place until He comes. This is not saying "busy yourself with doing things" this is an invitation to know the times and the seasons of God's coming, the parable says "that you would give them food in due season"

The problem with seeing this as an historical event, is that it strips the words of their power. He was saying, when he spoke to this generation - If you - meaning the Jews - do not know who I am, then you will become wicked - possessed of 7 demons. This is a warning to them. But to us, it is also a conscious reminder, that Jesus is coming again, and how will we be acting when He comes, will we be beating servants? will we be withholding food?

For those interested, I'm taking excerpts from Matthew 24, and from Matthew 12. The words of Jesus always are relevant. This happens to be the season with incredible implications. I want to be wise, and look after my fellow servants. I want to be in charge of the whole house until He arrives.

This also has personal implications. For me, it's saying a prayer of boldness I've never prayed before. "I am nothing without you, and I rend my heart, take up residence in me! I want you to see everything that is in me!" (Joel 2:13)

There is a verse in Song of Songs, that the Bride is thinking of this festival. If you know, that it is the blood that makes the Angel of Death passover the families of the Jews. The blood protects, this same festival is passover - where the Angel of Death sees life, and passes over. It protected the house that put the blood on the lentils.

Song of Songs 5:2,3
[The Shulamite] I sleep, but my heart is awake;
[It is] the voice of my beloved! He knocks, [saying],
"Open for me, my sister, my love,
My dove, my perfect one;
For my head is covered with dew,
My locks with the drops of the night."

I have taken off my robe; How can I put it on [again]?
I have washed my feet; How can I defile them?

She's saying "How can I go back to living the same way again? How can I go back to taking control of my life? He has clothed me with the garment of righteousness, and He has washed my feet. You are everything to me!"

You see, I was reading a friend of mine, Ali's, blog, a story about how she had started praying a prayer for God to divinely order Her life. It all of a sudden stuck out, because I had been asking for confidence, that God is asking me to let go of the reins.

It makes this whole festival, relevant. In fact, the most important thing is Jesus. This is bold praying, but there's no looking back! He finds me attractive, He desires me for my beauty, He cannot resist me!

No comments:

Post a Comment